Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

So What does this New Change mean now for us E-Bay Sellers? Nothing But Headaches

Morning,

So I bit the bullet last week and signed up for Managed Payments, was threatened with Banning if I didn't.

Next about 150 of my Store listings rolled over or I added in the last few days. Anyway I now have over 200 listings that in the Item Specifics Column it says "Graded Required Soon", then under that is a Drop down menu with a page of stuff to fill out. Is this for real....Am I going to have to Manually edit all my listings to some criteria I don't even know the rules on!????

AUFKM!!!!!!

Has anybody come up with a work around this? Or? ???

AHHHGGGGGG!!!

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

At least you held out as long as you could before signing up for MP. All of those item specifics are new and they are going to be requiring some of them (not all of them) in the next month or so. The e-mail I got was confusing whether they would just let your old listings stay active or if they were going to end them on your behalf if you didn't update the required parameters. I hate whoever writes up their e-mails, they always make bad situations sound like they're doing you a huge favor. I've got about 1K listings that needed updated and have just been doing it when I'm bored or in the evening while watching a game. Down to about 600 left lol.

• thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Morning,

I just tried to edit some of the Item Specifics that all of my listings are now showing are lacking.

So anyway, I am still not making clear headway as the first 10 listings in the Item Specifics won't clear out the recommendations, unless you add something to Every Field in the top section, which means that for ungraded cards the only way to make the recommendations go away is to LIE in the Graded Card, Grade, Company, ect boxes or it will never clear the Recommendations!

I don Frij'[t Get It!!!!

Thanks

Neil

• BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

Pile-on time...
    While eBay is still the only real choice to sell your cards to a wide audience (aside from consignment), they are REALLY making it hard to stick with them. It seems everything is nonsensical in terms of what we do as sportscard sellers. It is as though the powers there have NO idea what they're doing. At some point an alternative must come along. Like a website devoted solely to sportscard collectors. A flat 10% fee plus sales tax--end of story. Pay any way you and the seller agree upon. Why is this so difficult? Am I missing something obvious? Does this already exist? I'm really starting to loathe eBay...

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuckHunter68 said:
    Pile-on time...
    While eBay is still the only real choice to sell your cards to a wide audience (aside from consignment), they are REALLY making it hard to stick with them. It seems everything is nonsensical in terms of what we do as sportscard sellers. It is as though the powers there have NO idea what they're doing. At some point an alternative must come along. Like a website devoted solely to sportscard collectors. A flat 10% fee plus sales tax--end of story. Pay any way you and the seller agree upon. Why is this so difficult? Am I missing something obvious? Does this already exist? I'm really starting to loathe eBay...

Much like politics, the answer is usually pretty easy to see for most of us, but for a few talking heads they see it the opposite way. It makes no sense to us, but there is a reason for the season. Us sportscards guys just don't know the reason yet. I'm sure it will become clearer once we are selling.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:
    Morning,

I just tried to edit some of the Item Specifics that all of my listings are now showing are lacking.

So anyway, I am still not making clear headway as the first 10 listings in the Item Specifics won't clear out the recommendations, unless you add something to Every Field in the top section, which means that for ungraded cards the only way to make the recommendations go away is to LIE in the Graded Card, Grade, Company, ect boxes or it will never clear the Recommendations!

I don Frij'[t Get It!!!!

Thanks

Neil

I think you are overthinking it. Just select yes or no. I think the rest will be optional if you select Yes, but even if it is required, it will only force you when you create a NEW listing in July. For now, whatever you don't check or fill in will just not be searchable by buyers if they use those filters. It isn't like your listing will nuke in July (assuming fixed item) when they force the change.

• thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

@BuckHunter68 said:
    Pile-on time...

I'm really starting to loathe eBay...

I joined E-Bay 0n Dec 7th 1999, I didn't start Loathing E-Bay until at least the 8th or 9th! Join The Club!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• OneDaysRideOneDaysRide Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:

I joined E-Bay 0n Dec 7th 1999, I didn't start Loathing E-Bay until at least the 8th or 9th! Join The Club!

A day that will live in infamy :wink: