Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grades changed for two cards from 1st posting?

I got grades a few days ago and took a screenshot of the order that hasn’t been shipped yet. Today two of the cards that were posted as 7s are now 6s. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bummer. I’ve not seen that before.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

It hasn't happened to me that I know. Then again, I'm not smart enough to take a screenshot of an order when it pops to compare later.

Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

PSA claims a second grader reviews the cards after the first grader. Maybe that’s what happened.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really sucks, sorry to hear.

That is officially the grader of death!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

@PSARich said:
    PSA claims a second grader reviews the cards after the first grader. Maybe that’s what happened.

Right, but that happens in the QA stage before you get the Your Grades are Ready email.

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I hope it also works in the "other direction" where the 2nd grader (no pun intended) can bump up the original grade...

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

I have had the grades changed on a submission after initial posting.

Robb

• Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@PSARich said:

One would naturally wonder why a second grader has more power over the initial grader...I mean, if the difference is 4 grades or so because the first person missed a wrinkle, I get that...but one grade? You show a 6 and a 7 to the majority of the people out there and the difference won't be noticeable

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

This should not happen.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • markmac33markmac33 Posts: 49 ✭✭

If the sub already has popped then it would have already gone through the two graders.

• DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

I agree with the Rexvos.....this simply should not happen

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

were the screenshot & updated screenshots ever posted?

1972 Topps Julius Erving AS went from 7 to 6 and 2007 Fleer Jordan Rookie Reprint jersey white went from 7 to 6.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow. eyeopener for sure!

and smart man for taking screenshots. never woulda i ever thought this would be a worry, but will start now.

thanks for posting.

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

I keep checking my sub that popped last week that still hasnt shipped. That is crazy. I wonder what happened there? did you contact them about this??