Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How come some PSA 10's dont look very good?

I see this in a website.. The edges look like they arent sharp and have some "white".. Is the edge not a factor in grading a 10? The corners don't look that great either?

Comments

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

those look like factory set corners.......I've seen/heard about that being taken into consideration when the card is graded. But, what the hell do I know?

• thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Morning,

That's about as Fugly as a GEM 10 gets. If it was My sub, before current Grading, EX-MT 6, todays Grading, VG 3 if I'm feeling lucky!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think for a lot of 80's product and newer, there probably wasn't as much thought put into it because of the sheer volume of cards produced. There are almost 1800 PSA 10's and almost 33,000 of these graded. The dime a dozen cards probably don't have the skepticism as a 1964 Pete Rose or 1957 Willie Mays. Which brings up the question as to why people would pay upward of $500 for one of these. Great player, nice looking card, but way too may printed to sustain any level of value, imho.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

Who’s paying $500 for that card?

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    those look like factory set corners.......I've seen/heard about that being taken into consideration when the card is graded. But, what the hell do I know?

came here to post this as well. ive graded a few of these that honestly look WAY better than this copy and have only got 8's and 9's. factory set cards with the rounded corners seems to be the accepted answer and easy to spot when buying them graded online.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 11:55AM

I agree with it being a technical 10. Factory set corners as well as the white are not pieces missing but extra that extends.

Last paragraph aside; Many collectors value eye appeal over technical merit (aka buy the card not the holder). Flippers, Speculators, Some Dealers and the Instagram crowd value technical above all else. There is no right or wrong.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, welcome
    That's a great question & 1st post

• SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 195 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 9:46PM

Here's one of the worst centered 10's I've ever seen.