Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Kershaw 2008 Topps Auto Need advice

Blindmelon5Blindmelon5 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Got this signed in person 10 or so years ago at spring training. I’ve submitted 10’s of thousands of cards to PSA, but never one at the auto grade level. Should I submit this for authentication or from both the auto and card grade? The card is self is 10 worthy, 9 at worst. Also, couldn’t find comps to make sure It makes fiscal sense to submit. Any idea on value? Thx

Comments

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great card. Totally up to you on how to grade it, but it looks nice enough to me to grade both the card and the auto. No clue on value, but a 10 in that card has been going for over 1K, so an auto'd one would certainly demand more than that. Sorry, can't be more specific on value.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

That card would sure look nice as a double dime...

• Options

Cool. Thanks boys.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2021 10:19PM

Looks like a 10 worthy sig to me, can't imagine it would get less than 9..... if real ;)
    Of course right now to get that card graded would be $300....

Another thought is to take advantage of the Encapsulation Special https://www.psacard.com/specials

$15 for the auto authentication, and then add auto grading for $10, so it would be $25 plus return shipping and a couple months to get it back. You could then think of doing a submission to get the card graded down the line if the pricing returns to normal.

• Options

Thanks Rufuss. Might be an option. Where’d you get the $300 figure. Estimation once the new grading prices hit?

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

@Blindmelon5 said:
    Thanks Rufuss. Might be an option. Where’d you get the $300 figure. Estimation once the new grading prices hit?

The cheapest level of grading RIGHT NOW is $300 for Super Express. Starting in July, it could be cheaper, but maybe only down to $150, which if you don't get a 9 or 10 grade on the card (not counting the auto), means that you are paying over 50% of value to grade the card.

• Options

Gotcha. Thanks. What craziness

• Options

Finally came back with double 9’s. Still no comps. Whatsoever. Gonna throw it up on eBay. Any idea of value. No idea how to gauge. Was thinking ballpark $700. Thoughts please. Thanks

• Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Unsigned PSA 9's are selling for as low as $225 on eBay. A signed version will add value, but not $475 to it. My guess would be to sell it in the $400 to $500 range.

• Options

I'm interested in this card. Let me know what you decide on price. Thanks

Card collecting is remembering the good old days.
  • Options

Whe u put it up on ebay update the thread, I'm imterested.

• Options

Cool. Popped today. Should have it in hand Thursday.