Home Sports Talk
Options

Worst throwing outfielders

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is in your top five ?

I hope Damon makes someone’s list.

Looks like Jesus
Acts like Judas (going from Sox to Yanks)
Throws like Mary

Comments

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Braves fan I hate to say this but Marcel Ozuna has a terrible arm. Obviously he's there for his bat but his throwing arm is so subpar for a professional outfielder.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

The winner in just about every category of the form "worst ____________ outfielder" is Greg Luzinski. The Phillies had Schmidt in front of him and Maddox to his left, and that limited the number of balls that Luzinski was forced to field, so maybe you didn't notice just how bad Luzinski was. Man, he was terrible.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

johnny damon had a terrible arm. like really really bad. he didnt look athletic at all when throwing.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    johnny damon had a terrible arm. like really really bad. he didnt look athletic at all when throwing.

Johnny Damon. 👎👎 As the years go on, this guy looks worse and worse. And the things that he says...... The guy wishes he could have been a Yankee from the beginning.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 12:33AM

I can get behind Damon. Don Baylor had a ridiculously weak arm. Hal McRae certainly didn't scare anyone with his arm

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Twins put Killebrew in LF for three years, he was not very good out there. You would think a guy that could play third base would have a strong arm, but "Killer" should have stayed in the infield.

Then he would have been the best 3rd Baseman of all time and it's not even close! ;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think of the old APBA baseball game. They had OF arm ratings on the player cards, but I can only remember the higher rated ones like Rocky Colovito and Jesse Barfield.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I can get behind Damon. Don Baylor had a ridiculously weak arm. Hal McRae certainly didn't scare anyone with his arm

Don Baylor was the only outfielder (who played a long, full career anyway) who never threw out a runner to complete a double play. Luzinski was terrible at every single facet of playing the outfield, but Baylor may have him "beat" for worst throwing arm.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.