Home Sports Talk
Options

Funny Trevor Lawrence story

2»

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like these would be awesome cards if he was in uniform throwing a ball or running!!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:
    Lawrence was probably involved in bidding on an Ebay auction.

Maybe on his autographed rookie card?

Yes, and there is a lot to choose from. I must confess, I have been poking around the Trevor Lawrence card section of ebay, and his cards are selling like hotcakes. Topps produced a set just for him and they made some wild looking cards for that set. I think we'll just have a little look here.

I'll collect his cards after he gets a proper haircut.

;)

• Options

Holy chit. It's a Trevor Lawrence football cards avalanche.

Run for your lives. 😱

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Like these would be awesome cards if he was in uniform throwing a ball or running!!

Yeah, Topps they would look awesome if he was in uniform and not wearing his regular clothes, it doesn't look right, it's very tacky looking.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    When I was posting the pictures of the Topps cards earlier, I got a message saying that I had posted 5 times within 60 seconds and it told me that I needed to wait 120 seconds before I could post again.

Noooooooooooooooooo.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone is interested in Trevors rookie cards, I would definitely wait until the real stuff comes
    out from Panini, most notably Prizm. The NFL prizm, not college. That topps stuff is unlicensed crap.
    Of course its not going to be cheap as he is not coming in under the radar like Mahomes.
    I was thinking last year about a few Herbert rookie cards after he had several games under
    his belt but the prices had already gone ballistic. Trevors cards will go ballistic without any
    games under his belt I can guarantee. Probably too much of a risk for me and I'll most likely stay
    away. An option might be unopened material if it is reasonable in price.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:
    That is insane! Could you imagine if they literally couldn’t get in touch with him lol

I just wonder what Lawrence's side of the story is, where was he, perhaps he was in the can? 🤔

They were calling him from a new number not in his contacts so it showed up as "unknown". As soon as they called from Meyer's phone, he answered.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:
    That is insane! Could you imagine if they literally couldn’t get in touch with him lol

I just wonder what Lawrence's side of the story is, where was he, perhaps he was in the can? 🤔

They were calling him from a new number not in his contacts so it showed up as "unknown". As soon as they called from Meyer's phone, he answered.

Regardless you still answer your phone though? I would have anyways

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

I choose to believe he was in the can, and I won't be convinced otherwise!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

I would imagine he was getting a ton of phone calls and was having to screen them.

• Options

Maybe Lawrence thought the XFL might call him and offer more money?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

I never answer my phone even if I recognize who's calling. This is 2021. Send me a text or a DM. :D

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

I never answer my phone even if I recognize who's calling. This is 2021. Send me a text or a DM. :D

😂😂😂😂😂. Tim, you and my Girlfriend think exactly alike

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have quite the exciting life because most of the phone calls I receive start the same way..................

"We've been trying to reach you regarding your car's extended warranty"

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should have put this google card post in the card forum.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I have quite the exciting life because most of the phone calls I receive start the same way..................

"We've been trying to reach you regarding your car's extended warranty"

I get a lot of those too. 😂😂