Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Spartanburg, SC Show May 22nd, who’s going?

First time setting up here and I have heard that historically that it’s a great show. Be sure to stop and say hey!

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

how many tables? spartanburg isnt too far.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    how many tables? spartanburg isnt too far.

135 tables

Should be a good time for those who didn't make the Dallas show

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I wish I knew about this one sooner. A little over 3 hours for me.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

30 minutes for me so plan to be there. Hate that Chantilly changed their dates to this weekend so may hurt the dealer turnout, but usually a good show.

• Options

FYI, Free admission

Stop by and say hey, I’m the one with the red Cobb ;)

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was there a couple months ago. There were a lot of people there. I didn;t realize that so many on this forum lived so close by.

• Options

any updates? turnout? etc

• Options
    HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 300 ✭✭

How often is the show? I'm just down the road in Columbia, SC.

• Options

Decent show, about a third of the size of the Hickory, NC show. Here is a video(not mine) from the venue

https://instagram.com/tv/CPLiTtxj2KM/?utm_medium=copy_link

I know the next one is Juky 31st, same weekend as the National. There is one June 12th in Salisbury, NC that was a big success last time.

http:/insidepitchpromotions.com//

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

Hey Jason
    I'm sure we will cross paths one day soon. Im moving to NC probably around mid July. Im just waiting for my start date. I'll be living in north/central NC.
    Barry

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yankeeno7 said:
    .......Im moving to NC probably around mid July. Im just waiting for my start date. I'll be living in north/central NC.
    Barry

Lots of N.Y.ers do that, and as a lifelong N.Y.er I have to ask, what's the attraction?

• Options

cheap property, estate purposes & warmer winters?

• Options

@yankeeno7 said:
    Hey Jason
    I'm sure we will cross paths one day soon. Im moving to NC probably around mid July. Im just waiting for my start date. I'll be living in north/central NC.
    Barry

Greensboro/High Point/Winston Salem area I presume? Let me know if you have any questions about the area especially when it comes to housing. You will be in a prime spot to catch the Hickory and Raleigh shows!

• Options

@yankeeno7 said:
    Hey Jason
    Barry

South Carolina is much better. Reasons? Too many to go into here. 😀

• Options

@ElvisP said:

Blasphemy! NC has the Smoky Mountains, beautiful foothills and pristine beaches such as the Outer Banks...unlike Myrtle Beach aka redneck riviera! SC only has Charleston and cheap gas. :D

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:

@ElvisP said:

Blasphemy! NC has the Smoky Mountains, beautiful foothills and pristine beaches such as the Outer Banks...unlike Myrtle Beach aka redneck riviera! SC only has Charleston and cheap gas. :D

I figure a straight swap of Horry County for Asheville and we'll be even.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options

@maddux69 said:

@ElvisP said:

charleston is pretty nice! 😉

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    Greensboro/High Point/Winston Salem area I presume? Let me know if you have any questions about the area especially when it comes to housing. You will be in a prime spot to catch the Hickory and Raleigh shows!

Yep, you presume correct! Im actually taking a drive down second week of June. Im assuming I will rent until I find a place I want to buy.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@maddux69 said:

@ElvisP said:

Greenville is much nicer, near the mountains, much cooler and doesn’t smell like Charleston. 😃 Great downtown, largest county in SC population wise, just over 500k, conveniently located almost halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte,

• Options

@ElvisP said:

@blurryface said:

@maddux69 said:

@ElvisP said:

Greenville is much nicer, near the mountains, much cooler and doesn’t smell like Charleston. 😃 Great downtown, largest county in SC population wise, just over 500k, conveniently located almost halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte,

i dont want to be anywhere near atlanta!

you musta only been hanging out around the papermill way down river! 😉

i cant knock greenville at all. its gorgeous. but cant really compare to charleston w the downtown, beaches, history, islands, music, entertainment and so forth.

is the pga championship in greenville next year? 😉

• Options

I’m just not a beach person, but I know most people are. Greenville does have a river and waterfall park downtown and its entertainment venues are much better than Charleston’s. The performance arts center is spectacular and the arena is much larger than N. Charleston.

Does Charleston have the NCAA D1 Men’s basketball tournament next year? 😀

• Options

@ElvisP said:
    I’m just not a beach person, but I know most people are. Greenville does have a river and waterfall park downtown and its entertainment venues are much better than Charleston’s. The performance arts center is spectacular and the arena is much larger than N. Charleston.

Does Charleston have the NCAA D1 Men’s basketball tournament next year? 😀

ill stick w the pga.

and there are much better venues here than north charleston coliseum.

it’s much better to load up the golf cart and see shows weekly at the volvo tennis ampitheatre for instance. or head out and see shows on the beach at the windjammer. 😉

as tlc said “dont go chasin waterfalls”.

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2021 12:09PM

@blurryface said:

as tlc said “dont go chasin waterfalls”.

If you liked Charlotte you're going to loooove Greenville

I will give Greenville this, if you are not retirement age and need to work as a professional, Greenville easily outpaces Columbia as the 2nd best location in the state. Nice downtown and good school systems, the place is trending in the right direction but still a lot of upstate going on which is not for everyone.

Now if you don't need a job or aren't raising a family there are a dozen fun places to live in SC. Beaufort, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, Aiken...

Otherwise you are likely thinking Charleston, Greenville/Spartanburg or Columbia

There is a reason you can fly direct London to Charleston

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com