Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2001 Topps Chrome Albert Pujols Retrofractor Help

I recently submitted what I thought was a standard 2001 Topps Chrome Albert Pujols #596 Late Edition Rookie Card to PSA. I submitted it as a standard card however it came back marked as a ‘Retrofractor’. I am more of a hockey collector so I am a bit naive to the whole refractor game.

I have tried to find comps online through PSA and 130 point however I cannot find any for a #596 Retrofractor, only the #T247 Traded version of the Retrofractors seem to be on the market. Can anyone tell me what this would be valued at? I am interested in selling it - it came back a PSA 9. The PSA population report states that there are 12 PSA 9s out there and 2 PSA 10s but I cannot find a comparable value anywhere.

I have had 1 person tell me that they think it is Mis-labeled, but I find it weird that after submitting it as a standard card PSA would then mistakenly change it to a Retrofractor. Does anyone have a #596 Retrofractor for comparison?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

I can’t help answer your question but I would like to tell you that’s a very nice card and well done on the grade.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Sgt_DSgt_D Posts: 85 ✭✭

No kidding. Great card. Check the ebay sold listings. There was a recent PSA 9 that went for 6100 bucks.

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

Mislabeled base 2001 Topps Chrome “late edition” RC. Not the retrofractor, sorry.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

@junkwaxgems said:
    Mislabeled base 2001 Topps Chrome “late edition” RC. Not the retrofractor, sorry.

Just send it back and we will get to it in a year or so.. Hope this helps?

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

The Rainbow foil / Retrofractor has a gold border.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DavidPuddy said:
    The Rainbow foil / Retrofractor has a gold border.

I was going to say the same thing. The gold border rainbow holofoil is more scarce than the green retrofractor.

Shane

• Options
    NWSCNWSC Posts: 3

Retrofractors are a combination of the old and new. The front's are typical chrome refractor stock while the backs are "retro" looking cardboard paperstock. This is definitely a mis-slab. Reach out to customer service and they will provide you a prepaid label and correct for free. Had to do this two weeks ago and already have the card back.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NWSC said:
    Retrofractors are a combination of the old and new. The front's are typical chrome refractor stock while the backs are "retro" looking cardboard paperstock. This is definitely a mis-slab. Reach out to customer service and they will provide you a prepaid label and correct for free. Had to do this two weeks ago and already have the card back.

Welcome to the Board!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.