Home Sports Talk
Options

Should Lebron be bitter towards Solomon Hill?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lebron James is very bitter about the ankle injury he suffered a while back. He said recently that he was playing some of the best basketball of his career prior to it and he also said, "I had a grown man diving at my leg for a loose ball." Should he be bitter towards Solomon Hill?

LeBron James still bitter over Solomon Hill injuring him

Solomon Hill faced a lot of backlash two months ago for the role he played in LeBron James suffering an ankle injury. Los Angeles Lakers players made it clear they were unhappy about the play, and LeBron shares that frustration.

LeBron suffered his sprained ankle when Hill collided with him while diving for a loose ball. James spoke about the injury this week and said he was playing some of the best basketball of his career prior to it. The way he described the play made it obvious he is still bitter about it. "I had a grown man diving at my leg for a loose ball."

There didn’t appear to be any intent on Hill’s part, but Lakers players were upset. You can see the video of the play here.

You could maybe make the argument that Hill was being reckless, but it seemed like the Atlanta Hawks forward was just scrambling for a loose ball. The injury has been the most significant one of LeBron’s career.

Comments

• Options

Here is the video of the injury.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

My initial reaction to this is one of negativity towards LeBron, if he is in fact saying that.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hill was diving for a loose ball and Lebron was stumbling around in front of him and happened to get hurt on the play. Nothing nefarious happened on that play.
    It seems like he’s setting up the perfect excuse with these comments in case the Lakers don’t make it out of the Play-In round over the next few days.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Hill was diving for a loose ball and Lebron was stumbling around in front of him and happened to get hurt on the play. Nothing nefarious happened on that play.
    It seems like he’s setting up the perfect excuse with these comments in case the Lakers don’t make it out of the Play-In round over the next few days.

Yes. Yes it does. And if that is what he is doing, trying to figure out a way to proactively save face before the play in, just in case they don't get in.... 🤔

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2021 12:38PM

I'm bitter. The only sports I enjoy watching are the Rams and Lakers.

If the Lakers are eliminated early, I may bring a class action lawsuit against that bozo Hill for emotional pain and anguish.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Yes. Yes it does. And if that is what he is doing, trying to figure out a way to proactively save face before the play in, just in case they don't get in.... 🤔

Regardless of his comments, these games over the next few days should be real good.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm ready for Father Time to tap LBJ on the shoulder

• Options

I know one thing, I hate it when he does that stupid looking grinch grin!

• Options

No, go away, stop it!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    No, go away, stop it!

OMG I’ve never seen that lol. He looks ridiculous

• Options
    edited May 18, 2021 2:55PM

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:
    No, go away, stop it!

OMG I’ve never seen that lol. He looks ridiculous

Stupid looking grinch grin!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lakers v. Warriors tomorrow night at 7:00 P.M. PDT at the Staples Center.

I suspect that the NBA and its broadcast partners are thrilled at this match up. Definitely should draw a large audience.

LeBron, AD, Curry, Draymond Green, et. al. hopefully will put on a show that will come down to the winner being decided by a last second shot in double or triple overtime.

• Options

Yes, I've decided that I'm very disappointed in Mr. James for his childish behavior concerning this matter. I won't be satisfied until I see Mr. James become an old, grey, retired, courtside fan!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure looked to me like LeBron stepped into him. In any event, what's the guy supposed to do, not go after the ball because he might bang into another player? Just too silly for LeBron to even think like this and be mad towards the player about it.

LeBron James - the ultimate diva.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

its interesting watching that video. It is unusual to see a grown man react that violently to an injury. especially an injury that does not involve broken bones or blood. I remember watching the Gordon Heyward injury and he didn't react as violently to breaking his foot off as Lebaby did to spraining his ankle.

i have had some fairly severe injuries and have never screamed or carried on like that.

good grief

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

LeBron has lost all credibility when speaking to just about any topic.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    its interesting watching that video. It is unusual to see a grown man react that violently to an injury. especially an injury that does not involve broken bones or blood. I remember watching the Gordon Heyward injury and he didn't react as violently to breaking his foot off as Lebaby did to spraining his ankle.

i have had some fairly severe injuries and have never screamed or carried on like that.

Injuries are weird. Sometimes the worst injuries don't hurt as much as lesser injuries. My torn ACL hurt far less than my torn meniscus or the non-injury I had after I got hit just below the knee with a one-hopper in slow pitch softball. And getting run over by a car hurt less than all three of those other incidents. Out of all of these, the torn mensicus was the worst by a mile. 6 weeks of pain-induced insomnia was just part of it. Ugh.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

call it testosterone poisoning, but whenever I have gotten myself seriously injured, I never wanted to carry on. Usually there was a group of people around me and I never wanted them to think I was a pansy.

I guess Lebaby doesn't have that same proclivity.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Warriors outplaying the Lakers in the first half.

The Lakers look disorganized. James and Davis are not playing well and the Warriors are playing excellent defense.

• Options

Cinderella ending for King James.

Entertaining game.

• Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

Speaking as a Cavs fan, Lebron is an absolute drama queen.

• Options
    edited May 20, 2021 7:19AM

I’m so proud of Lebron that he had the courage to stay in the game after that vicious hit from Draymond. All I could think of while he was rolling around on the floor acting like he had just been shot was here we go again. :D:D:D
    That drama notwithstanding, overall it was a great game. Hopefully GS wins this next game against the Grizzlies.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I’m so proud of Lebron that he had the courage to stay in the game after that vicious hit from Draymond. All I could think of while he was rolling around on the floor acting like he had just been shot was here we go again. :D:D:D

I’m so proud of Lebron that he had the courage to stay in the game after that vicious hit from Chris Paul. All I could think of while he was rolling around on the floor acting like he had just been shot was here we go again,again. :D:D:D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Ee2YRHjnk

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

I’m so proud of Lebron that he had the courage to stay in the game after that vicious hit from Chris Paul. All I could think of while he was rolling around on the floor acting like he had just been shot was here we go again,again. :D:D:D

That was the worst hit I've ever seen, Chris Paul should receive a LIFETIME ban for that. Despicable. He should be arrested after the game!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

That was the worst hit I've ever seen, Chris Paul should receive a LIFETIME ban for that. Despicable. He should be arrested after the game!

And his fans wonder why he gets hated on so much, he’s gotta be the softest “ gOaT” in any sport. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

And his fans wonder why he gets hated on so much, he’s gotta be the softest “ gOaT” in any sport. ;)

And he actually thought about playing in the NFL, what a joke. The first hit he took in the NFL, he'd crack open like humpty dumpty!

• Options

Larry Legend wasn't ever soft.