Home Sports Talk
Options

Fury vs Wilder III

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

A arbitratior has ruled that Tyson Fury must fight Deontay Wilder a third time. The first time these two fought, Wilder floored Fury twice, but the fight ended in a draw. The second time they fought, Fury floored Wilder and dominated him and Wilder's corner threw in the towel. Before the second fight, Tyson Fury signed a contract agreeing to give Wilder a rematch should he lose, but Tyson Fury tryed to back out of the rematch clause. In turn, Deontay Wilder filed a lawsuit about the rematch clause and won that decision yesterday when the arbitrator, Daniel Weinstein, ruled that Fury must honor the rematch clause he signed. Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua were supposed to fight in Saudia Arabia on August 14th for the unification of the heavyweight championship, but now that superfight is in Jeopardy. The arbitrator ruled that Fury and Wilder have until September 15th to fight. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Fury vs Wilder III, Wilder is going to be seeking revenge for his defeat, and Wilder is the most explosive and dangerous puncher in the heavyweight division. Tyson Fury better not take him too lightly. Tyson has the attitude that he just wants to hurry up and get Wilder out of the way so he can fight Anthony Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight championship.

Comments

• Options

Deontay Wilder can be a very dangerous fighter if he connects with one of his power shots.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

If this fight happens by that date, I could definitely see Wilder with a big win. Either way, entertaining.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    If this fight happens by that date, I could definitely see Wilder with a big win. Either way, entertaining.

These two have had a bitter and nasty feud going on since they last fought in February of last year. Deontay was embarrassed in that fight and Tyson Fury tried to back out on the rematch clause. Deontay Wilder has had a while to think about it and he's going to want revenge for his defeat. He's got one of the hardest knockout punches in history, and Tyson Fury better not take him too lightly. Tyson Fury has the attitude that he just wants to hurry up and get Wilder out of the way so he can fight Anthony Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight title. My advice to Tyson Fury would be, you better take the Wilder fight serious because he wants revenge and he's got explosive power, and guys like that can dangerous. This should be a fun fight and I will be watching!

• Options
    edited May 18, 2021 4:10PM

Boxing Twitter is going nuts about this fight, Wilder and Fury hate eachother's guts. This one could end up looking like the 1913 fight between Ray Campbell and Dick Hyland!