Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Need Help To Verify Currency

USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 17, 2021 4:59PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Hi,
I have been trying to verify a British graded currency, but
keep coming up with a Asian Coin for the results on PCGS ??
Can someone help me please .....

Comments

• USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2021 4:59PM

I just joined PCGS, so alot of terms are new to me. Is 66PPQ good ?
    The above currency bill - I am trying to verify on PCGS ....
    Thanks,
    Al / USMC

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

The grading scale tops out at 70, so 66PPQ is GEM. Above average centering and original, like new paper quality. A desirable grade for sure. I’m not certain if you can still verify older PCGS (K3B) graded notes, maybe Larry @redsealguy will see this and chime in with an answer. Nice looking note.

• bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

I think I found the link to verify notes. https://www.pcgs.com/banknotes/cert and then use the serial number on the back of the label. In your case, the number to use is 80774309. Put this number in the verify box. However, I tried this and it kept bringing up a Japanese COIN. You should probably call up PCGS and find out what is going on, I think it's a database mix up. Hope you get it figured out and let us know what the trouble is (was).

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

pcgs note is now called Legacy...you can check the cert at this link it's real and correct

https://legacygrading.com/cert/

Isn't Legacy the outfit that bought the grading rights several years ago and is now back to PCGS?? I went there to check out and my blocker said it's a malicisous site.

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@bammerbb said:
    Isn't Legacy the outfit that bought the grading rights several years ago and is now back to PCGS?? I went there to check out and my blocker said it's a malicisous site.

It's certificate is outdated but it's fine to visit

• USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2021 1:58PM

I went there to check out the currency I posted above and it was verified on Legacy ....
    Thanks "tomtomtomtom" for the link & info - appreciated
    Al / USMC
    Disabled Vietnam Veteran

Glad you got it verified.