Options

Spot the PMG Error

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Typo - wrong block listed on holder.

• Options

The serial number indicates it should be the 1935G “With Motto” .

• Options
    mosjcoinmosjcoin Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

I watched this one on ebay last week.

• Options

Oops !

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

perhaps it is a "semi-repeater radar" ?
    :)

• Options
    cashhoundcashhound Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

How 'bout . . . "Bookends with radar insert" B)

• Options
    redsealguyredsealguy Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

In the past few weeks PMG has:

Forgot to label a Changeover pair in our submission even though we clearly described it as such on the submission form.

Classified a $5 1934C SC PA block as a wide instead of a narrow even though we clearly wrote 'narrow face' on the submission form.

They really need to do a better job at quality control. It's ridiculous.

• Options
    edited May 19, 2021 12:33AM

Mistakes are made and it’s unfortunate. Most can be corrected. I don’t know of any grading company completely void of mistakes. This photo was posted by @PCGS_SocialMedia a while back and I captured a screenshot before it was edited. It clearly says GEM UNC above the AU 55 grade. Oops

• Options
    edited May 19, 2021 4:39PM

@mbwizkid said:
    Mistakes are made and it’s unfortunate. Most can be corrected. I don’t know of any grading company completely void of mistakes. This photo was posted by @PCGS_SocialMedia a while back and I captured a screenshot before it was edited. It clearly says GEM UNC above the AU 55 grade. Oops

That was unfortunately a photoshop error but no excuses. Definitely should have been caught before going to press. Besides that wasn't someone's submission note. That was just a media publication photo.

• Options
    edited May 19, 2021 4:39PM

Let's see you find an actual error on a PCGS Banknote real submission. I bet you can't because they have top notch quality control. I'm sure sooner or later a mistake will happen as nobody's perfect but not nearly to the extent of what PMG does.

• Options

How about this one guys!

PMG called this a mule when it was clearly a non mule. They got the back plate number entirely wrong.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2021 12:36AM

@redsealguy said:
    In the past few weeks PMG has:
    ...... It's ridiculous.

Oh come on - you have several thousand posts on the PMG sponsored forum and only 29 here.
    You really love PMG, admit it!
    <[/ducking]>

• Options

HaHa...Larry has little tolerance for any of the 3-letter grading companies (CGA & PMG)

• Options

@mbwizkid said:
    HaHa...Larry has little tolerance for any of the 3-letter grading companies (CGA & PMG)

Actually CGC wasn't bad. 😛