Home Autographs Forum
Options

1960's greenbay Lombardi bart star team signed football

HardwoodnhammrHardwoodnhammr Posts: 10
edited May 16, 2021 2:33AM in Autographs Forum

Is there a way to determine if a football was used at any particular event? Like a superbowl or? There is a lot of signatures on it probably the entire team including bart star

Comments

• Options
    edited May 16, 2021 2:11AM

Here is some more pictures

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

they appear to be printed as opposed to being hand signed

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. The signatures look printed on. They are all just too perfect looking.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2021 8:02PM

Hopefully these pics are a little bit better. My roommate bought this at a garage sale from a little old lady for very little $ she told him it was real. I will attempt to get ahold of her to get the back story of the ball. I dont like handling it as the signatures appear to be fading.

The only signature that is printed on this ball is that of the commissioner seen below.

Anybody know what event this type of ball may have been used in?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2021 7:31AM

They seem to be pressed into the leather. Could be from pen pressure but it is all so consistent I suspect they are printed.

Plus, they are all the same size, perfectly placed, and very legible. It reminds me of those souvenir baseballs with printed signatures of all the players.

• Options
    jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

Here's a similar listing with the exact same style ball. Yes this listing is for a 1985 ball, but the Rozelle is the exact same signature.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233193518583?hash=item364b6ab5f7:g:diMAAOSwiOVbazS6

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

additional photos confirm those signatures are printed

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2021 6:09AM

That's strange. It is pen ink on there or at least it appears to be. With the fading away and the non fluid like writing. If it is printed would I be able to see the pixels or little dots?

• Options
    edited May 17, 2021 6:39AM

Is it possible that sombody traced over the signatures?

I really feel that if it was printed I would be able to see the tiny little dots that I can currently find on anything printed.

• Options

@Hardwoodnhammr said:
    Is it possible that sombody traced over the signatures?

I really feel that if it was printed I would be able to see the tiny little dots that I can currently find on anything printed.

This actually occurred to me also, possibly re-traced in pen.

• Options

@Hardwoodnhammr said:
    That's strange. It is pen ink on there or at least it appears to be. With the fading away and the non fluid like writing. If it is printed would I be able to see the pixels or little dots?

I understand that you wanted it to be real, but all the indicators of a printed souvenir ball are there.

The type of printing involved for this ball is not the same as modern lithography or laser or inkjet printing. These signatures would have been printed with a plate of some kind - not anything with pixels or half-tone. Look at any vintage/antique printed documents - the text will be solid, not pixelated in any way.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve never seen a legit autographed football with that many names on a single panel. I agree that they’re printed, or perhaps even branded on. And someone - maybe the little old lady - may have traced them in pen.

Jim

• Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

It's definitely a souvenir ball and the signatures are "branded" on the ball, not real signatures. I used to have one of those with the Raiders. Still a cool display item and if your buddy didn't pay much for it all the better!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

🤔