Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

WTB this fine example of a BB wax pack tray

It can be any series wax pack tray but the important part is that it is a 73 BB tray
prefer to be GAI graded or BBCE authenticated but raw will work too

Comments

  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Considering one to my knowledge has never surfaced for sale in the past 20+ years at least, I'd say you have your work cut out for you. Should one ever surface, it would be a feeding frenzy among unopened collectors.



    Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • paulb71paulb71 Posts: 260 ✭✭✭✭

    I completely understand, before I saw the posting of the picture of the 73 wax tray I had never seen a photo of a 71 or 73 bb wax tray . If a 73 bb tray was for sale it would probably be out of my price range , so basically I’m thinking it wouldn’t hurt to ask and at least I am sure a lot of other collectors can see the photo I reposted and would probably get enjoyment just from looking at the awesome tray .

  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

    Too cool to see the 3 pack grocery rack for the 73 wax - Especially with the multi imaged labels.

    I might be wrong but 73 may have been the last year (only year?) with different images on the wax pack wrappers.

  • paulb71paulb71 Posts: 260 ✭✭✭✭

    bump

  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There are no 1973 baseball trays that have been authenticated.



    Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • paulb71paulb71 Posts: 260 ✭✭✭✭

    @grote15 said:
    There are no 1973 baseball trays that have been authenticated.

    how about 71 bb trays, do you happen to know if any of these have been authenticated ?
    since gai never kept the greatest records of what they graded there is still a chance.,

  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @paulb71 said:

    @grote15 said:
    There are no 1973 baseball trays that have been authenticated.

    how about 71 bb trays, do you happen to know if any of these have been authenticated ?
    since gai never kept the greatest records of what they graded there is still a chance.,

    No 71 baseball trays, either, at least none that I've ever seen. Both 71 and 73 are like unicorns, both literally and figuratively.



    Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • paulb71paulb71 Posts: 260 ✭✭✭✭

    @grote15 said:

    @paulb71 said:

    @grote15 said:
    There are no 1973 baseball trays that have been authenticated.

    how about 71 bb trays, do you happen to know if any of these have been authenticated ?
    since gai never kept the greatest records of what they graded there is still a chance.,

    No 71 baseball trays, either, at least none that I've ever seen. Both 71 and 73 are like unicorns, both literally and figuratively.

    What would make you more proud ? Finishing 1st in the cu fantasy baseball league or the opportunity to see a real 71 or 73 bb tray ?

  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @paulb71 said:

    @grote15 said:

    @paulb71 said:

    @grote15 said:
    There are no 1973 baseball trays that have been authenticated.

    how about 71 bb trays, do you happen to know if any of these have been authenticated ?
    since gai never kept the greatest records of what they graded there is still a chance.,

    No 71 baseball trays, either, at least none that I've ever seen. Both 71 and 73 are like unicorns, both literally and figuratively.

    What would make you more proud ? Finishing 1st in the cu fantasy baseball league or the opportunity to see a real 71 or 73 bb tray ?

    The latter, no doubt! I've accomplished the former several times already (though it wont be this year!).



    Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2022 9:54AM

    You should offer to pay 1,000.00 to just see a current pick of one. Or more if you like

  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hopefully one will surface ('71 or '73). A 1961 wax tray was unearthed about 5 years ago, so anything is possible.

  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2022 11:42AM

    Also a 1962 or 1963 football partially opened. Which was super cool as well. Someone here bought it and graded it.

Sign In or Register to comment.