Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1958 Topps Baseball Colors

I recently picked up a complete 1958 Topps set and really like the look in a binder with all the different background colors. I liked the "colorful" idea Topps had this year, but I am curious about the randomness of the colors chosen. Almost half the set is yellow while only 5 cards are black. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Comments

• stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2021 1:40PM

My favorites are the pink backgrounds, but only if they're the perfect hue. When the hues are done right, those are among the most beautiful cards ever.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am about 72% complete with this set and one of the things I absolutely love about it is the colors. Tough set to totally complete. Some different variations. Numerical team card variations, yellow player name/team name cards, 33 of those, the Pancho Herrera card where the a is missing from his surname, some nice rookie cards like Maris, Cepeda, and Flood. The colors are a bit of a mystery. Seems some teams players but not all correspond to a particular color, many Yankee cards are orange, many Braves cards are green etc.