Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

PCGS needs a new registry category

3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d love it if PCGS would add a category in the registry for a Maundy type set (one of each monarch) instead of just by individual monarchs. I think a lot of Maundy collectors would have some great type sets to show off.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2

Comments

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can request new sets as long as you have 5 coins from your proposed set in your registry inventory. Click "Set Request" from the left-side menu of the set registry home page.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if they would create a pattern set for Mexico. I'd probably be the only entrant. >:)

• MrBreezeMrBreeze Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

I’ve asked for a set several times and been refused each time. I would like to have a set made up of a slot for each year. You can use any coin certified by PCGS to fill the slot as long as it is dated a particular year. It literally would be the only set where every type of collector who has PCGS coins can build a set. World, U.S., tokens, SCDs, bullion - any coin with an established date could be in the set. I have many ideas as to ratings etc., but have never been given any inkling that it would ever happen.

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrBreeze said:
    I’ve asked for a set several times and been refused each time. I would like to have a set made up of a slot for each year. You can use any coin certified by PCGS to fill the slot as long as it is dated a particular year. It literally would be the only set where every type of collector who has PCGS coins can build a set. World, U.S., tokens, SCDs, bullion - any coin with an established date could be in the set. I have many ideas as to ratings etc., but have never been given any inkling that it would ever happen.

Interesting idea for a set... I like it! I have a feeling, knowing a bit how the set composites are set up, that the biggest problem with your request is not in the content, but in the execution. When they decide to create a new set composite, they need to define, for each slot, all of the PCGS numbers that satisfy that slot. For example, when I suggested a "World Coins Manufactured by Mints of the United States Type Set," one slot, for U.S. Philippines 1903-1936 Centavo, after you take into account all combinations of dates, varieties, RD, RB, BN, MS, PR, CA, DC, has 135 possible PCGS numbers assigned to it. That pales in comparison, however, to how many possible PCGS numbers could satisfy a slot for, say, "2007," and that would be the same for any year!