Home Sports Talk
Options

October 3rd, 2021 - Brady returns to New England

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark this one down on your calendar folks, on October 3rd, 2021 the Patriots will host the Bucs.

ProFootballTalk

Report: Tom Brady returns to New England on Sunday night, October 3

The biggest game of the year comes at the tail week of its fourth week.

Master Tesfatsion of Bleacher Report reports that the Patriots will host the Buccaneers on October 3. Per the report, it’s a Sunday night game.

Unless Brady plays eight more years in Tampa or ends up with a different team, it’s the last time Brady will ever play in Gillette Stadium.

The return of Brady so early in the season will, as a practical matter, make it more likely that the Patriots will receive clearance to fill the stadium. And it will be as full as ever that night, with the fans welcoming home the prodigal son, even if the fatted calf that’s slain is the home team.

Wild guess? Bucs will be a 3.5-point favorite to win the game. Less wild guess? Brady will be treated far better than Brett Favre for his first return to Lambeau Field.

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully Cam won’t be starting that game.

• Options

I wouldn't want Cam starting period, I would put Mac Jones in the first game of the season and let him take the controls. I might put Cam in on goal line situations or short yardage plays, stuff like that maybe, let him use his size to run it in or get a first down.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady will not hesitate to force downfield passes late in the 4th quarter up 35-3 to stick it to Big Bill then after act like there was no harm intended and talk about how much respect he has for Coach Belichick

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

this could be a blood bath. especially early in the season

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady already had his revenge by winning the Super Bowl.

I expect Belichick to win that game, especially at home.

I do agree with the very early call about the Bucs being around a 3.5 point favorite. Depending of course on how the first three games play out.

• Options

@stevek said:

I do agree with the very early call about the Bucs being around a 3.5 point favorite. Depending of course on how the first three games play out.

Sounds like someone is looking to lose his avatar for a few weeks. ;)

• Options

I don’t know the outlook for this game regarding letting fans in but you gotta think that tickets for this game might cost on the late playoffs type level. No? It’s likely Brady’s last game ever playing at Gillette Stadium.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I don’t know the outlook for this game regarding letting fans in but you gotta think that tickets for this game might cost on the late playoffs type level. No? It’s likely Brady’s last game ever playing at Gillette Stadium.

This interesting article is hot off the press!

Sporting News
    Ticket prices for Tom Brady's return to New England to face the Patriots are absurd

How much would you pay to see a GOAT?

Tom Brady is set to make his return to Foxborough, Mass., this fall, with the Buccaneers traveling to Gillette Stadium to take on Bill Belichick and the Patriots in Week 4 of the 2021 season.

Of course, Brady is returning to New England for the first time since joining the Buccaneers and winning Super Bowl 55 — his seventh, and first outside of New England — so of course fans will be lining up to see him. But it won't be cheap.

Unearthed by Bleacher Report's Master Tesfatsion, tickets for the Pats-Bucs matchup are going to be exorbitantly expensive, with the higher-end seats nearing $9,000 a pop.

A cheaper ticket will cost fans $1,400, or the price of a MacBook:

Cheapest ticket for Bucs-Patriots in Tom Brady’s return? $1,400.

Most expensive? $8,862

For comparison, tickets for the Week 7 Jets vs. Patriots matchup are much more in line with a typical Pats home game: $300 for a cheaper ticket, up to around $1,200 for the more expensive seats.

Brady and Belichick facing off for the first time in their NFL careers is going to lead to so many interesting storylines: Will Mac Jones get the start by that point? Will the Patriots put up a fight?

Perhaps, though, the most interesting question: Why would Patriots fans want to pay that much over value to see Brady's return? Well, people pay for boxing pay-per-views for one of two reasons: To witness greatness, or to see fighters get knocked out.

Probably a mix of both here.

• Options

Why would Patriots fans want to pay that much over value to see Brady's return?

For years, some of us have been wondering who would come out on top in a Brady vs Belichick matchup and we’ll finally get to find out. Hopefully NE’s offense shows up regardless of whose in at QB. This game will probably have a playoff game type atmosphere and hopefully it lives up to the hype.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Maybe. LOL

We can discuss this further around the first week in October. B)

• Options

For me, this game is going to have a SUPER BOWL feel to it, I can't wait to see Brady vs Belichick. This is going to be HUGE, we never got to see Ali vs Tyson, well, we get to see Brady vs Belichick!

Mills Lane says, "Let's get it on!"

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Maybe. LOL

We can discuss this further around the first week in October. B)

Doesn't this just send chills up your spine. Super Bowl 56 is coming early this year!