Home Sports Talk
Options

Do you like Colin Cowherd?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just curious, do you like or dislike Colin Cowherd?

Do you like Colin Cowherd?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like him

Intensely dislike. He makes a living with his big mouth and all kinds of nonsense spews forth when he opens it.
    Before a matchup with Brady, he said Mahomes showed complete disrespect by saying Brady was one of the
    best, if not the best QB ever. How is that showing disrespect? Mahomes makes a living playing football, not
    analyzing who is the best ever at their position.
    And IMO the reason Cowherd said that was not because he actually believed Mahomes was showing
    disrespect but because Cowherd wanted to draw attention and publicity to himself by saying
    something outrageous. He's an attention whore, the whole world should just ignore him and maybe he would go away.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is he?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like him

I don't care for him either, and I hate when he starts wagging that stupid finger. Just look at him!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, he's ok

There are much, much worse.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like him

I do not like cowherd at all

AT ALL

I was so glad when he left ESPN radio.

unlistenable for me. A narcissistic blowhard.

now if they could just get rid of Stephen A.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a choice of "I don't give a crap one way or the other.?"

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not vote...There is a difference between liking and just being okay. I really would rather not spend time thinking about what I have minimal , if any to no control or impact on who is placed where on radio or TV. So for those of you keeping score, my gut reaction is that he would be replaced by someone that has the potential to be equally annoying.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like him

I voted no. Frankly I don't watch or listen to him as a rule but on the couple of occasions when I did he was annoying as heck.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have cable, satellite, etc. I will occasionally see one of his videos in YouTube. I used to listen to his radio show somewhat frequently.

His "hot sport takes" are frequently wrong, and his analysis is not very good.

• Options

I haven't heard him.

I am listening to a lot less of the local sports talk radio. Their ratings went through the roof quite some time ago and only one of the regular shows is not total garbage.

I found a "radio station" that plays music I like with very few commercials. If I get tired of that I'll find something else or listen to CD's.

My biggest gripe is the commercials that seem to intentionally annoy so they will be remembered.

I will remember to never eat at Burger King again after the CROISANDWICH commercials.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, he's ok

i tolerate CC so i can look at his sidekick

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like him

I don't do TV sportstalk. I get it all here.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two separate issues

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

Oh my!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like him

@galaxy27 said:

Did anyone notice the white supremacy hand gestures?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2021 1:20PM
    Yes, he's ok

@Alfonz24 said:

Did anyone notice the white supremacy hand gestures?

no idea what that's all about, seeing as she's half-black (Jason Taylor of Dolphins fame is her brother) and she was recently engaged to a black man. and if you've ever heard her speak, she's very anti-racism. on a sports note, she's more knowledgeable than Cowherd is.........he should be her minion.

perhaps a test to see if anyone looks at her hands?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2021 6:16PM

Never heard of him until now. Not worth the bother.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like him

I listen to less and less sports talk radio as it becomes more politicized. I have become a fan of sports podcasts. you can find them for every sport and team and they stay very focused for the most part and I don't have to listen about social justice or politics.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I listen to less and less sports talk radio as it becomes more politicized. I have become a fan of sports podcasts. you can find them for every sport and team and they stay very focused for the most part and I don't have to listen about social justice or politics.

I don't find local sports radio to be politicized here in Dallas/Fort Worth.

I have been listening to Boston sports radio a little bit, not much, on my phone when I mow or something around the house. Not enough to comment on politicizing. But in terms of national stuff, I know just what you mean.