Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Submission - Values Increased Since the Submission

Hi all - I was wondering if anyone might have any advice, or thoughts on submissions that take a while and since the initial submission, have greatly increased in value (pending grades of course)? I submitted a quarterly special for basketball in Sept 2020 and the submission cap was $99 a card. All my cards at the time met that threshold (as potential PSA 10s), but since basketball is really blowing up, some cards that were $75 at a 10 are a couple hundred bucks now. I'm not complaining about the time it's taken, but was wondering if they honor the submission from when it was submitted, or if they grade some as 10s, are they going to try and squeeze more money out of me?

My other concern is that since some of those cards are more like $75 at PSA 8 now, that they will assume I submitted them as low grades. I'm guessing they don't factor that in and grade before looking at card values, but I'm curious.

None of this will matter when I get 28 6s and 7s of course. :) Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 2:23PM

Cards are valued at the day they are graded, not the day they are submitted. It is at PSA's discretion whether they "upcharge" you or not. My guess is that you will have to have cards go above $250 before they even think about doing anything. But if you plan on selling them, whatever extra they charge you will be made up multiple fold for the amount over $99 that you have now gained.

• Options

That's a bummer, but I appreciate the feedback!

Maybe they'll honor the deal since they are so far behind.

• Options
    gobraves39401gobraves39401 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

@aric27 said:
    Hi all - I was wondering if anyone might have any advice, or thoughts on submissions that take a while and since the initial submission, have greatly increased in value (pending grades of course)? I submitted a quarterly special for basketball in Sept 2020 and the submission cap was $99 a card. All my cards at the time met that threshold (as potential PSA 10s), but since basketball is really blowing up, some cards that were $75 at a 10 are a couple hundred bucks now. I'm not complaining about the time it's taken, but was wondering if they honor the submission from when it was submitted, or if they grade some as 10s, are they going to try and squeeze more money out of me?

My other concern is that since some of those cards are more like $75 at PSA 8 now, that they will assume I submitted them as low grades. I'm guessing they don't factor that in and grade before looking at card values, but I'm curious.

None of this will matter when I get 28 6s and 7s of course. :) Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I had my first sub pop last week. I was hoping the same way you are. My Michael Jordan 23 Metal Universe I got back was a 9 and they did not upcharge me.