Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ability to Report Counterfeit EBay Seller??

This eBay seller is pumping out a mass amount of counterfeit cards and I'm trying to click 'Report' on his listings. However I keep getting an error message.

I suggest we click Report en mass to try and curb this behavior. This is not good for the hobby in any way, shape, or form. Not sure why it is so prevalent now VS a few years ago. I see these popping up everywhere.

https://ebay.com/sch/rjre_48/m.html?item=313521773456&hash=item48ff5a9b90%3Ag%3AHlwAAOSwpnFgg0Wo&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Collecting
HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 10:13AM

So why this particular seller? Has perfect, mostly selling feedback. Seems he has a lot of satisfied customers.

Also, I don't see any counterfeit cards for sale. Yes, most of his stuff is unlicensed, but not counterfeit (well at least as they are advertised). Now am I saying he should be allowed to sell reprints that are unlicensed? No.... But you are inferring something far more nefarious than the reality.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    So why this particular seller? Has perfect, mostly selling feedback. Seems he has a lot of satisfied customers.

Also, I don't see any counterfeit cards for sale. Yes, most of his stuff is unlicensed, but not counterfeit (well at least as they are advertised). Now am I saying he should be allowed to sell reprints that are unlicensed? No.... But you are inferring something far more nefarious than the reality.

I vehemently disagree with your take on this. It is nefarious. So his buyers, who will be scamming people by selling these fakes, are satisfied? Great! LOL!

Where do you think all these bulk lots of counterfeit cards end up? They end up on facebook marketplace, they end up at yard sales and flea markets, they end up on instagram deceiving buyers down the line. That is exactly where they end up. The seller NOT printing these counterfeits would make the hobby better.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

@Ahmanfan said:
    This eBay seller is pumping out a mass amount of counterfeit cards and I'm trying to click 'Report' on his listings. However I keep getting an error message.

I've run into what I'm willing to bet is the same error message your seeing. Seems to happen after you report the same seller multiple times.

And good luck reporting because unfortunately eBay doesn't care.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barfvader said:

And good luck reporting because unfortunately eBay doesn't care.

Sad, but true.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:

I vehemently disagree with your take on this. It is nefarious. So his buyers, who will be scamming people by selling these fakes, are satisfied? Great! LOL!

Didn't say the listings aren't somewhat nefarious (I can't speak for the intentions of the buyers), but saying they are counterfeit (not disclosing that they are reprints) is not the case here.

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I bet Ebay will care when NFL/NBA/Upper Deck (etc) contacts them about profiting off the sale of unlicensed reprints. Dude is selling a 400 lot of MJ/Kobe/LBJ game used patch autos. That's a lot of fabric.

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:

@Ahmanfan said:

Didn't say the listings aren't somewhat nefarious (I can't speak for the intentions of the buyers), but saying they are counterfeit (not disclosing that they are reprints) is not the case here.

They are counterfeit, a reprint would be a licensed reprinted product. The fact that he puts reprint in the title does not mean that it is not a counterfeit product. That makes no difference.

Regardless these are just semantics. I’m surprised that the folks on this board are not more up in arms about this issue. I’m guessing if these were reprint lots of 1960s 70s and 80s baseball stars that folks on here collect they would be really quick to have an interest in stopping this seller.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

As was stated before, ebay couldn't care less about people getting ripped off as long as they get their fees. I really don't see what can be done.

The only thing I can think of is to educate yourself on all the garbage out there and avoid the bad stuff.

Lots of bad sellers and stupid buyers out there, try not to fall into either group.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    As was stated before, ebay couldn't care less about people getting ripped off as long as they get their fees. I really don't see what can be done.

The only thing I can think of is to educate yourself on all the garbage out there and avoid the bad stuff.

Lots of bad sellers and stupid buyers out there, try not to fall into either group.

Very astute observation. I agree unfortunately!!

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2021 12:39PM

@Ahmanfan said:

@RufussCkingston said:

@Ahmanfan said:

They are counterfeit, a reprint would be a licensed reprinted product. The fact that he puts reprint in the title does not mean that it is not a counterfeit product. That makes no difference.

Regardless these are just semantics. I’m surprised that the folks on this board are not more up in arms about this issue. I’m guessing if these were reprint lots of 1960s 70s and 80s baseball stars that folks on here collect they would be really quick to have an interest in stopping this seller.

Being that there is no fabric/foil, chrome on these reprints, I'm not concerned as a true counterfeit is supposed to make you think it is real. Because the people on this board are knowledgeable, we just ignore them as we would not be duped, as opposed to somewhat trying to sell knockoff Star Jordan's, which are not so obvious.

• Options

@Ahmanfan said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Very astute observation. I agree unfortunately!!

We live in a very uncaring time.