Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Improved Copy Stand...$175

rmpsrpmsrmpsrpms Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been building systems with wood bases and aluminum columns (System-9, System-X, System-X2, System-400, and System-400Q) for a little over 2 years now, and have gradually evolved them to improve performance and lower costs. Several folks have requested just the copy stand portion of these systems, and I've typically built those stands with camera mounted to Arca Rail, and from one to three Arca Clamps mounted to the column, depending on the column height. It's easier to mount the camera to the rail without interference between camera and clamps. Recently I've been sourcing a long Arca Clamp that can mount a camera on one end without interference with the clamp knob, and this has made a simplified and very versatile copy stand possible. Here's what a 24" stand looks like with this configuration:

I can build this stand with 12", 18", 24", or even 36" column depending on the focal length of your lens and thus working distance.

With this stand you can quickly move the camera up/down to the optimum position for each coin size.

I can of course offer complete systems with Camera, Lights (with my proprietary masked diffusers for lighting slabs), and Lens as well, or any combination. A few folks have purchased systems with everything but the camera.

A typical Copy Stand, with 18" column, is $175. With an integrated pair of gooseneck LED lights with masked diffusers, the system is $260.

PM me and I can put together a system to meet your requirements.

PM me for coin photography equipment, or visit my website:

http://macrocoins.com