Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I'm Mozeppa from a dozen years ago ...or more

my my how things have changed!
anyone remember me?

my uncle gave me 5 seated dollars to sell for him.....he's 80 years old.

anyway they appear to be fine or extra fine ...they are all orleans minted
dates are 1846---1850---1851---1859---1860

don't know what they are worth as i was a lincoln cent guy.

any help is appreciated!

Comments

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2021 2:27PM

Pics are a must. I do remember you.

• mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

not sure how to do that ...but i'll try later

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember you, too! You had a lot of great Lincoln cents at one time.
    If you dont know how to post pics and you can send them to me via private message, I will post them here for you. Welcome back! Hope you stick around

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

the 1851 seems to be a puzzle...what is it?

ah! i guess i figgered out how to post pix!

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM Sent.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with TomB. They look granular. Do you have a scale?
    That would be my 1st go to.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2021 4:21PM

All fakes.....no brainer.....don't need a scale.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

They’re all fake. Way too similar looking to be real and all look strange

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:
    They’re all fake. Way too similar looking to be real and all look strange

Sorry to say - that was my first impression too...

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    I remember you, but unfortunately the image you have shared appears to show five modern counterfeits.

Agree with Tom on both counts

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Compare the dates in Coinfacts, mozeppa. They are not even close. Sorry for the bad news.

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember you! And sorry to report they are all fakes

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm. Where did your uncle get them? :#

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    Hmmm. Where did your uncle get them? :#

Maybe AliExpress? They currently have the same group of five counterfeits offered for just a few bucks!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mozeppa said:
    my my how things have changed!
    anyone remember me?

you ain't lying! i sure hope it is A LOT better for pcgs all the way around for the hits we have taken with the forum software coding changes.

yup, i recall that user id and if/when you start posting will probably recall some of the posts. :)

wb!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mozeppa, old member here and I remember you as well, but these are all fakes

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mozeppa... I also remember you! Welcome back, but as others have indicated those coins appear to be counterfeit... the dates look to be an odd font... I hope your uncle isn't out too much money...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the fakes coming out of China these days. I hope he didn't pay too much for them.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Came back to a buzz kill

• Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭

Do these fakes usually have any silver content?

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coll3ctor said:
    Do these fakes usually have any silver content?

It depends. Some higher quality fakes do but most are just silver plated brass or copper and some don’t have any silver content.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats too bad

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37

uncle didn't pay much for them....(he doesn't anyway for anything.

he's gonna be disappointed. but okay with it.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least the manufacturer was able to use the same mintmark placement to save money.

Have a nice day
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 8:17AM

Well that's a heck of a note for a welcome back. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2021 10:26PM

Nevermind