Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Seeking Purchase Recommendation: Soccer Star Erling Haaland

I am looking for his top three cards to purchase and hold for 10+ years. Budget is $8500 per card.

PSA or BGS graded only. Appreciate any feedback.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments

• Options
    simon2010simon2010 Posts: 76 ✭✭

I don’t get the hype with haaland..he hasn’t won anything yet..plays with Norway so 0% chance he will ever play at the World Cup. What if he leaves Dortmund and signs for man utd? They not going win anything and his value will drop huge..even if he go Barca or Madrid both those teams need a huge rebuild. Buy pele... ..Diego..Ronaldo..Messi...

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

He will end up at another club sooner rather than later. I don't think Man.U. will be the place. Chelsea is reported as having expressed an attempt to gain him on transfer, and they are definitely looking like a desirable team at the moment, much more so than Man.U. I'm still hoping Timo Werner can get back to his potential there, and a prime Werner instead of an underperforming one, plus Haaland, would be one heck of a lineup.

Real Madrid has money to spend and a lot of roster changes happening soon. Rumor is that they want to make a play for Mbappe this summer, but if that fails then they have money to spend and roster space too so could outbid with an overpayment to Haaland. They way overspent on Hazard but they've got a lot of redemption bank roll space coming.

As for other spots in the Premier League, Leicester City is about to have a fair amount of roster shakeup, and I think it would be a lot of fun to watch a team with Vardy and Haaland together. I have not seen any stories about Haaland being linked to them in any way, but it would be an interesting fit.

• Options

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    I am looking for his top three cards to purchase and hold for 10+ years. Budget is $8500 per card.

PSA or BGS graded only. Appreciate any feedback.

P.S., I'm looking forward to sharing the ones I have as his top 3 RC's but will wait until after they eventually get back from PSA.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

I bought his Topps Chrome Bundesliga refractor in PSA 9, Topps Chrome Sapphire in PSA 9 and Finest UEFA green refractor #/99 in PSA 9. I think you can find PSA 10 or BGS 9.5/10 versions of each in the $6k-$10k range since they have lots of parallels. I am not sure those are his top cards but they are what I went with.

If he doesn't get injured, he seems to be poised to be the next global soccer star. Obviously, a lot can still happen but he is a lethal finisher and when he moves to one of the super clubs, he will end up with plenty of trophies.

Robb

• Options
    simon2010simon2010 Posts: 76 ✭✭

Madrid are 900m in debt and Barca are even more in debt but financials havnt Been made public yet. Haaland is a very risky project atm but I hope I’m proven wrong

• Options

@simon2010 said:
    Madrid are 900m in debt and Barca are even more in debt but financials havnt Been made public yet. Haaland is a very risky project atm but I hope I’m proven wrong

Sounds like Zidane might leave before the end of his contract. Ramos might be out too. The way the banks operate in Spain, I don't see money being a problem if Madrid has plans to acquire Mbappe or Haaland. However, I think it is much much more probable that Haaland lands in the Premier League.

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Love Haaland. Love Dortmund. I am part Norwegian. I am rooting for every positive outcome here.

But my brain is telling me I've seen this before a number of times and it always ends with a whimper. Northern Euro goal scorer gets hot, gets on a big club, and becomes a "nice" player, but ultimately never lives up to the hype.

Divert your resources to better options.

• Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Thank you for everyone's opinion. I am now certain I need to do a bit more legwork before buying soccer cards. The knowledge level in this thread is impressive.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.