Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinions wanted - Mickey Mantle lot

Hoff717Hoff717 Posts: 6

I’m sending in 4 Mickey Mantle cards to be graded soon, and I was wondering your opinions on how to sell them then for the most value. Private? Auction? Singles? As a lot?

1957 Topps 95
1959 Topps 10
1964 Topps 50
1968 Topps 280

Comments

• Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

I would sell individually, never as a lot. I would have a buy it now price, never auction it. Today's collectors seem to purchase when they want something and not wait for auctions to finish, diminishing higher return on investment.
    If you could get your price here, that would be the first option. Otherwise eBay is the best option.
    Nice cards btw, and good luck with your sale.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first thing I would do is take the cards out of the screw down holders. The ones with the recess for the cards are ok. Mid grade Mantles usually sell pretty quickly if the price is reasonable. Before listing on eBay, I would try to sell them on one of the card forums or on one of the Facebook groups. Definitely sell individually.

• Options

@jfkheat said:
    The first thing I would do is take the cards out of the screw down holders. The ones with the recess for the cards are ok. Mid grade Mantles usually sell pretty quickly if the price is reasonable. Before listing on eBay, I would try to sell them on one of the card forums or on one of the Facebook groups. Definitely sell individually.

I did take them out last night. I read they don’t want screw cases sent in. I haven’t had anything graded before what the turn around time on these usually?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hoff717 said:

@jfkheat said:

I did take them out last night. I read they don’t want screw cases sent in. I haven’t had anything graded before what the turn around time on these usually?

Months and months at least

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1054868/psa-temporarily-suspends-most-grading-services#latest

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

@Hoff717 said:

@jfkheat said:

To be clear jfkheat was talking about how screw downs actually DAMAGE your cards, thus affecting future PSA grades.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

@steel75 said:

@Hoff717 said:

@jfkheat said:

To be clear jfkheat was talking about how screw downs actually DAMAGE your cards, thus affecting future PSA grades.

Ahh gotcha, thank you.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your looking to get paid quickly, I would sell them raw and individually. I would list them as an auction on eBay and see what happens. The way cards are selling right now you may be pleasantly surprised what the final sale price is. Plus, you have very desirable cards. If you are not in a hurry to get paid, send them in for grading but that could take a year to get back to you. Good luck with either option you choose.

• Options

@pab1969 said:
    If your looking to get paid quickly, I would sell them raw and individually. I would list them as an auction on eBay and see what happens. The way cards are selling right now you may be pleasantly surprised what the final sale price is. Plus, you have very desirable cards. If you are not in a hurry to get paid, send them in for grading but that could take a year to get back to you. Good luck with either option you choose.

Im not in a real hurry. Been sitting on these for 30 years or so just never had anything graded before.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Hoff717 said:

@jfkheat said:

Months and months at least

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1054868/psa-temporarily-suspends-most-grading-services#latest

I saw they were backed up, was just curious if it’s worth sending in now or waiting for things to die down.