Home Sports Talk

Dak Prescott says he could play right now

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dak Prescott says he he feels great and he could play in a game right now. He also released a short clip of himself planting and throwing.

Earlier this week, star quarterback Dak Prescott admitted he was thrilled to be back and on the field with the Dallas Cowboys.

Prescott made his return from a season-ending injury and couldn’t put his feelings into words. Of course, then he went ahead and put his feelings into words and it’s pretty clear he’s happy to be back.

“I don’t even know if you can put into words the feeling throwing again,” Prescott told USA Today on Wednesday. “Not throwing sitting in a chair or throwing not moving, but actually dropping back and using your legs. It’s like a high. It’s like a drug for me.”

That was just the first bit of good news for Cowboys fans this week. On Tuesday afternoon, Prescott spoke with reporters and suggested he could play a game right now if he needed to.

“I’m close,” Prescott said, via Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News. “I can go play in a game right now and be very, very successful. So there is no doubt when that I need to be successful, when I need to do the things that it takes to be on the field, I’ll do exactly that, and the timing will be right.”

That’s great news for Cowboys fans who have high expectations for their team this fall.

Prescott was in the midst of a record-setting season when he went down with injury. Dallas’ offense should be just as lethal – if not more – in 2021.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the short clip of him throwing.

Be afraid Steve, be very afraid.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas should win the division with a healthy Dak

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for Dak. seems like a good guy. hated to see him go down with that terrible injury

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a friendly warning. Anyone posting anything positive about Dak Prescott or the Dallas Cowboys in this thread, will be placed off my holiday card and gift basket list for this upcoming holiday season.

@stevek said:
    Just a friendly warning. Anyone posting anything positive about Dak Prescott or the Dallas Cowboys in this thread, will be placed off my holiday card and gift basket list for this upcoming holiday season.

I know you're into organic fruit Steve, please don't send me an organic fruit basket, I'd rather have chocolate. I don't think I could handle one of these showing up at my door.