Home Sports Talk

Canelo Alvarez vs Billie Joe Saunders

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2, 2021 11:03AM in Sports Talk

I'm excited about this weekend, on Saturday night May 8th, boxing fans are going to be treated to what should be an all out war. I'm talking about the Canelo Alvarez vs Billie Joe Saunders fight. You see, I don't have much in life, I have my Joe Louis cards, a wife who makes brownies for herself and none for me, the sports forum, football, and the occasional great boxing match. Well, the great boxing match is this Saturday May the 8th, and I intend on watching every second of it. Canelo is the best pound for pound fighter on the planet, and Billie Joe Saunders is unbeaten and is a man who is willing to die to beat him, and even said as much. Billie Joe Saunders recently said he would say goodbye to his kids and give his life to beat Canelo. Both of these guys are the type of guys that would rather go out on their shield than lose, and this should be an all out war. This fight is being dubbed "Face the Fearless" because both of these guys are beasts that fear no one.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

The tale of the tape.

Yes, I'm going to enjoy this.

This is a title unification bout, Canelo holds the WBC and WBA Super Middleweight belts, and Saunders holds the WBO Super Middleweight belt.

Billie Joe Saunders is a mean and vicious man, with a nasty attitude, and he has hurled personal insults at Canelo that I cannot repeat here. He has declared all out war on Canelo.

Yes, I think I will buy my own PERSONAL box of supreme walnut brownie mix and attempt to make them myself. I shall have brownies and boxing and watch these two wage war on eachother. Next weekend is going to be a blast!

And I'll wash the brownies down with ice cold Mountain Dew, it goes so good with a chocolate treat. I'll have brownies, boxing, and Mountain Dew, and my wife isn't invited. I told you I would get my vengeance!

edited May 2, 2021 11:58AM

Or maybe I'll put on my pink robe and have champagne and watch the fight!

I've been waiting for this fight to happen for months, it's going to be big, it's going to be huge! I don't think I'm ready for this fight, I can't handle this. Stop the fight, I'm just not ready!

Man, just thinking about this fight has got me in a feisty mood.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f4CizzE-zZo

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Double D, it’s too bad you don’t know my best friend Steve, he literally is a walking encyclopedia of Boxing. His knowledge of 1980’s Boxing especially is borderline bizarre, that’s how much in depth knowledge he has. He is almost as smart with Football but he does not post anywhere online otherwise I’d have shown him CU years ago.

@doubledragon said:
    Or maybe I'll put on my pink robe and have champagne and watch the fight!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

@perkdog said:
    Double D, it’s too bad you don’t know my best friend Steve, he literally is a walking encyclopedia of Boxing. His knowledge of 1980’s Boxing especially is borderline bizarre, that’s how much in depth knowledge he has. He is almost as smart with Football but he does not post anywhere online otherwise I’d have shown him CU years ago.

One of the best eras in boxing was the 80s, man I miss those days. Nowadays, hardly anyone follows the sport anymore. Most people probably don't even know who these boxers are, but everybody remembers the 80s. I knew hardly anyone would post on this thread because nobody follows it anymore, it's just not like it was back then.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before I opened this thread I placed a huge wager in Vegas that Billy Joe Saunders was from
    the Southern US. Didn't know it was a sucker bet, that wasn't even fair.
    British? Are you kidding me? I thought all Billy Joe's came from the deep south.
    Looks like I'll be retiring when I'm about 85 now. Should have listened to SteveK about gambling. :'(

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

See this is what a Billy Joe looks like..........

And this is what a Billie Joe looks like............

Now how am I supposed to stereotype anyone based on their name?
    This really throws a monkey wrench into my world view.
    There's actually a guy from Great Britain named Billy Joe?
    William Joseph Saunders III I could understand, but Billy Joe!!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Personally I think William Joseph Saunders III, Esquire, Lord of Wilmington
    is overrated so I'm rooting for Alvarez.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

This would be like finding out Rocky Graziano wasn't from Brooklyn,
    but from Kingston upon Hull, from the county of East Riding of Yorkshire in merry old England.

This deal with Billy Joe is a game changer, won't be getting over this anytime soon. :s

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@doubledragon Double D, this painting is in the lobby at my company, figured you would appreciate it. Also do you agree with me when I say the artist ruined it by painting all those stupid red and white markers by his face? I annoyed a few higher ups when I said I thought it would be a great painting if the artist didn’t ruin it with all those extra marks. They are like “That’s art” and I’m like “Not to me”

@perkdog said:
    @doubledragon Double D, this painting is in the lobby at my company, figured you would appreciate it. Also do you agree with me when I say the artist ruined it by painting all those stupid red and white markers by his face? I annoyed a few higher ups when I said I thought it would be a great painting if the artist didn’t ruin it with all those extra marks. They are like “That’s art” and I’m like “Not to me”

Joe Frazier is one of my all time favorite boxers, he had a vicious left hook that could hurt put you on the canvas if he got you with it. I agree, the red and white marks are pointless, they distract you from what would have been a great image of Frazier. It looks like a child took a marker a scribbled on it!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

I clearly do not understand art. looks like the artists' kid took a run at it when daddy went to bed.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@craig44 said:
    I clearly do not understand art. looks like the artists' kid took a run at it when daddy went to bed.

I’m glad you guys agree with me but I’m telling you I was in the lobby and the group of higher ups were dumbfounded that said it looked terrible and the picture was ruined by the Scribble marks.

BTW speaking of Art if you guys want to watch a really cool Netflix movie check out “Velvet Buzzsaw” it’s partially Quirky and Gay but pretty good overall, I liked it

This fight is going down tonight, and it appears Canelo is ready. Check out his vicious left hook in this clip.

edited May 9, 2021 3:09AM

I watched the fight last night, and I was thoroughly entertained. Billie Joe Saunders quit on his stool and couldn't come out for the 9th round after Canelo caught him with a vicious uppercut. Billie Joe Saunders is getting slammed on social media for talking all that trash leading up to the fight, and then quitting on his stool.

edited May 9, 2021 3:12AM

Ali fought Norton with a broken freakin' jaw, and Saunders gets hit in the eye and quits, no heart, no guts, pathetic!

i thought Saunders would literally die to beat Canelo.

you shouldn't make such statements unless you are willing to get knocked unconscious on the canvas.

he will never live this one down.

@craig44 said:
    i thought Saunders would literally die to beat Canelo.

you shouldn't make such statements unless you are willing to get knocked unconscious on the canvas.

he will never live this one down.

Yes, he talked a big game and when it got a little tough he just quit. No heart!

I saw UFC fighter Tim Silvia get both his tibia and fibula snapped in half in an armbar and still want to continue fighting. the Referee had to stop the fight.

some guys have that mentality and some guys just talk about having it.