Homeβ€Ί U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Mail Call πŸ“¦ PCGS-Banknote! πŸ’΅

TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

Boom!!! πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Received just shy of 200 freshly slabbed notes yesterday! Big thanks to PCGS-Banknote for a lightning fast turnaround time! Took only 30-days... amazing!

I’m extremely impressed! Love the new holders with the high tech smart chip. Hold up your smart phone to the label and instantly the cert verification page pops up... no App Req’d! πŸ₯‡ πŸ†

Here are a few quick pics...

17lb box ...whoa 😯

Comments

• Options
    redsealguyredsealguy Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

Excellent πŸ‘Œ. The only grading company I trust to get the grade right!

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Robert !
    I play this silly game when submitting by writing down what I think the notes will grade and compare it with the grades they come back with. I’m getting pretty good at it, if I may say so myself.

• Options
    edited May 1, 2021 10:54PM

We used to play the guessing game at the Long Beach show every time we got our onsite grading notes back. That was always fun

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

Costco has recently added small forklifts to their product sales line.
    You now have the best excuse to buy one!
    :)

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations. 30 day turnaround is reasonable. 17 pound box but 16.5 is packaging, keeping the 1/2 pound of notes safe.

When Jason and Laura ran it turnaround times were measured in months, not days.

PCGS currency grading is back again and poised for greatness.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

My only critique would be that I would prefer to see the bar code moved to the back of the holder.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:

When Jason and Laura ran it turnaround times were measured in months, not days.

PCGS currency grading is back again and poised for greatness.

Kinda not fair because you are referring to the PCGS-C bulk pricing which was fully disclosed beforehand as the absolute slowest method and would be peformed after all others done. Then again, at one time the cost of this bulk was as low as $10 per note which is why PCGS-C was so wildly popular - they had slashed the discount pricing to crazy low levels!

• Options

@mbwizkid said:
    My only critique would be that I would prefer to see the bar code moved to the back of the holder.

I believe they had planned on making that change but decided against it for a specific reason.

• Options

@synchr said:
    Kinda not fair because you are referring to the PCGS-C bulk pricing which was fully disclosed beforehand as the absolute slowest method and would be peformed after all others done. Then again, at one time the cost of this bulk was as low as $10 per note which is why PCGS-C was so wildly popular - they had slashed the discount pricing to crazy low levels!

Towards the end, all submissions to PCGS (K3B) were taking months and months, not just the bulk specials.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, all services were slow and there was concern among many who feared that they might not ever get their notes back. I remember being quite relieved that I was not among those. Does anyone know if all notes have been returned by Jason and Laura?

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.