Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Trading Cards & More PSA Submission

Just saw a You Tube Video opening a 400 card package from PSA from Trading Cards & More. Mostly basketball cards from the 1990’s. Over 40 of them were returned ungraded mostly minimum size requirement. Seems real high, I have a huge lot at PSA now and have never had more than a couple returned ungraded. Anyone else seeing/hearing of this occurring more?

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

thats a lot, what is the video called or link??? be curious to see what he was grading that came back min size so often

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

On You Tube - Search “PSA Return 361” and it’s from trading_cards_and_more. Almost all 1990’s basketball.

• Options
    ckimckim Posts: 24 ✭✭

Saw that video when first aired... that was brutal & upsetting to watch. Only 4-5 PSA10's out of #360 total subs w/more than half 8's/ below. Also those 40 cards returned with no grade were pack fresh cards which there's box break videos posted back when..

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@ckim said:
    Saw that video when first aired... that was brutal & upsetting to watch. Only 4-5 PSA10's out of #360 total subs w/more than half 8's/ below. Also those 40 cards returned with no grade were pack fresh cards which there's box break videos posted back when..

Also saw Jeremy Lee from Sports Cards Live open a 10 card submission and he got an authentic grade on a new hockey insert. A friend of mine just got a 2000 Bowman Tom Brady returned “minimum size required” and we have measured several times and get 3.5” X 2.5”.

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

devolving into shitshow, it is, says Yoda

• Options
    msubearfanmsubearfan Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    On You Tube - Search “PSA Return 361” and it’s from trading_cards_and_more. Almost all 1990’s basketball.

That was a painful watch.

• Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe the new hires seeing things a little differently than the old regime. I unfortunately learned a long time ago that just because it came out of a pack does not mean it will meet the size requirement. I almost always do terrible with unopened but bought a pack of 78 Topps at the National and pulled maybe the most perfect looking valuable card from a pack ever for me. Molitor/Trammell. I did the walk-through and was furious when it got kicked back. But then measured it. It wasn't even close. Maybe 2.48 x 3.5.

• Options
    McvillagehtxMcvillagehtx Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

Watching this video really brings home why they are so backed up. So many people wanting to take a 1 dollar mookie blaylock card, have PSA wave their magic wand, and put 40 dollars each in their pocket.
    The entire video is based around how much or little money PSA is assisting him in making.