Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Can anybody identify these symbols, know what they mean, or translate?

I've got no idea, but I bought it anyway . . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

Comments

• atomatom Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭

Replica of Ancient Jewish coin with ancient Hebrew inscription reading “half (of) the shekel” and ‘1’ above the center picture of washing basin (or some type of Temple object) representing the first year of the 5 year revolt of the Jews against the Romans.
    The half shekel coin was a biblically required annual contribution to the holy Jewish temple.

• RexfordRexford Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2021 3:15PM
  • ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@atom said:
    Replica of Ancient Jewish coin with ancient Hebrew inscription reading “half (of) the shekel” and ‘1’ above the center picture of washing basin (or some type of Temple object) representing the first year of the 5 year revolt of the Jews against the Romans.
    The half shekel coin was a biblically required annual contribution to the holy Jewish temple.

You guys are awesome!

Better than Jennings Jeopardy . . .

Z

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for being so brief.

The image above is the reverse of a really cool Masonic penny that I picked up.

Here is the obverse.

Z