Home Q & A Forum
Options

Anyone send me in the right direction??? Just found this don't really know what to do with it

Best Answer

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is machine or mechanical doubling, not die doubling and would have no value over face value.

Answers

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

here is your ONLY answer: give it to me!!! :D

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    NomaderNomader Posts: 120 ✭✭

Nice Pics! The eye and lips looks like doubling to me! Just IMO.

I think some on here place too much into the Guide/s! That’s exactly what it is a Guide. The potential for someone to find something NEW is out there!

That’s how I go into my collecting! I’m looking for something that no-one has! Just IMO!
    Nice coin!!

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just strike doubling and looks nothing like a true doubled die.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nomader said:
    Nice Pics! The eye and lips looks like doubling to me! Just IMO.

I think some on here place too much into the Guide/s! That’s exactly what it is a Guide. The potential for someone to find something NEW is out there!

That’s how I go into my collecting! I’m looking for something that no-one has! Just IMO!
    Nice coin!!

What characteristics of hub doubling do you see that would indicate this is a new variety?

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

What @mannie gray said.

• Options
    NomaderNomader Posts: 120 ✭✭

I was giving my opinion, to say; the possibility of new found varieties do exist with any coin!

How I approach my collecting, is by searching for those new varieties that are not part of any guide listings!

Was not trying to state that that particular coin was a new variety!

IMO; New Varieties are possible and out there!!

Happy Hunting to All!

• Options

How is it in machine doubling it can choose only certain spots to double?? Seems like the whole image would show evidence of it. Not just certain parts of the face or whatever it may be.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

If a coin is struck unevenly the dies can chatter on one side only or more in some areas than others. In fact, that's how it usually occurs, unevenly. That die bounce is what causes the doubling and the bounce doesn't exert even pressure over the who coin.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.