Home Sports Talk
Options

The Main Ingredient

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you could ask a Major League Baseball player.....What's the main reason that he made the "BIG SHOW?".... .or even got "A CUP OF COFFEE" .....what do you think the answer would be?

Comments

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perseverance would be a common answer I believe. Alot of hard work, talent, and even a bit of luck for some.

• Options
    edited April 29, 2021 6:00PM

Hey, LandrysFedora.....it does take all of what you said...but...that's NOT the answer........again.....what would the PLAYER say? None of what you said. Believe me. But your right. QUESTION..... AGAIN. WHAT IS THE MAIN INGREDIENT? Clue
    ........it's one word....combined with everything you said. It's easy.

• Options

Some may give credit to their religion/beliefs.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Hey, LandrysFedora.....it does take all of what you said...but...that's NOT the answer........again.....what would the PLAYER say? None of what you said. Believe me. But your right. QUESTION..... AGAIN. WHAT IS THE MAIN INGREDIENT? Clue

Parents

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Luck of the DNA

• Options
    edited April 29, 2021 6:35PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@Hydrant said:

Parents

Yes......but mainly.... DAD.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Luck of the DNA

Then countless numbers of women will desire you in order to pass your good luck DNA along to their offspring. B)

• Options
    edited April 29, 2021 6:44PM

More later but....sometimes an Uncle or Grandpa too. Moms are the shoulder to cry on. They're all little boys at heart. Believe me. Big boys playing a little boy game. It's wonderful!

• Options
    edited April 29, 2021 8:07PM

@stevek said:

@stevek said:
    Luck of the DNA

Then countless numbers of women will desire you in order to pass your good luck DNA along to their offspring. B)

Exactly. I had the good fortune to have The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant save me from all those girls. Just in time. She reminds me of it constantly. Good luck DNA? I gave it to her. Not those other countless babes. What's her problem?

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@stevek said:

@stevek said:
    Luck of the DNA

Exactly. I had the good fortune to have The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant save me from all those girls. Just in time. She reminds me of it constantly. Good luck DNA? She got it. They didn't. Lucky her!

Beautiful women always choose coin & card collectors over star athletes.

At least that's what i keep telling myself. ;)

• Options
    edited April 29, 2021 8:31PM

@stevek said:

The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant hit the trifecta......💰 ♥♣♦♠ 🏋 🍒🍒🍒 🎰🎰🎰

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    The beautiful Lovely Mrs. Hydrant hit the trifecta......💰 ♦ ♣ 🃏 ♥ 🏋 🎰🍒🍒🍒

That's right, I imagine there's hardly a superstar athlete alive that can name the man who designed the Lincoln Penny or knows how many baseball cards are in a set of 1952 Topps.

So take that Tom Brady!!!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought this was a thread about the soul group "The Main Ingredient" from the 60's-70's. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek Beautiful women always choose coin & card collectors over star athletes.
    I was "All Back Yard" when I was 11and 12 years old. The only girl that ever showed
    interest in me was a near sighted, buck toothed girl that lived down the street.

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY In the end, Everybody Plays The Fool.

• Options

@Tibor said:
    @stevek Beautiful women always choose coin & card collectors over star athletes.
    I was "All Back Yard" when I was 11and 12 years old. The only girl that ever showed
    interest in me was a near sighted, buck toothed girl that lived down the street.

Yea, but maybe she got contact lenses and braces, and eventually turned into a ravishing beauty. B)

• Options

I haven't seen her in 50 years. I hope your right.

• Options

@Tibor said:
    I haven't seen her in 50 years. I hope your right.

You don't want want to see her............except......... In your dreams!👙

• Options

Are there no secrets here on the forum. 😉