Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Kobe Bryant 81 Point Game Ticket - Need Help

Hi Y’all,

I finally found my ticket for the night Kobe dropped 81. I was there with my buddy that night and it was such an awesome event to witness. I knew I had the ticket but couldn’t find it until yesterday! I am looking to sell, and unfortunately cannot find any eBay sold comps that look like my ticket. Which leads me to condition. My ticket has a crease in it and the little stub that is perforated detached but I still have that part, too. That said, it is a historical artifact and there aren’t many out there. I saw reprints selling for $50-$60 on eBay. I have the real McCoy.

So this is where I’m at now: I have a few people interested but have yet to shoot them a price. Can somebody help me determine value and what I can reasonably get for this piece. Like a ball park figure even. I would love to send it in for grading but PSA is closed for now.

Any advice or tips I would be super grateful for. Thank you for reading.

Comments

• surfyfunsurfyfun Posts: 75 ✭✭

You’re gonna be excited to hear this, I don’t think ticket grading is closed, So send it on in to psa.

• kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

I would send it in to psa but a full ticket sold for $2k psa 2

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2021 10:22AM

If you plan to sell, def send it to PSA.. I sent a couple of Gibson game 1 tickets in January and it only took 1 month start to finish at only $25 a pop ($499 declared value).

You HAVE to get them graded to get max value. Now if it is all creased up, you might think about just sending it in and put in the notes you just want it slabbed as authentic since a 1 or 2 doesn't really change the value vs just an Authentic (but potential buyers will see a low grade and know it is jacked up) . For the extra bucks to get it slabbed, you'll get a multiple back in extra money vs unslabbed tickets.

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

@surfyfun said:
    You’re gonna be excited to hear this, I don’t think ticket grading is closed, So send it on in to psa.

I sent a ticket sub in last week - they’re still handling tickets and packs.

Jim