Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1996-97 Topps Basketball Gold Bar Complete Set Valuation

Trying to get some help valuing the cards in the Gold Bar set I have. Box unsealed but cards sealed.

Question #1 is did all the cards in that set have the 50th anniversary label on it? More specifically, can I be sure the Kobe/Iverson etc have that label on it?
Question #2 is having trouble finding the value of the all-50th team player signed cards on ebay. Any guestimates on what they go for raw? The players with these cards were George Mikan, Bill Walton, Rick Barry, George Gervin, Elvin Hayes, Walt Frazier, Tiny Archibald, Willis Reed, Earl Monroe, Sam Jones

Any other general notes about this release would be appreciated that I should know before deciding to buy/sell/hold. I could not find any great articles on the release or youtube breaks.

Comments

• junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

The cards inside are just the regular base cards, as found in packs. No 50th logo on them.

Check completed sales on eBay for the autos.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • So I slid mine open since it's unsealed - some cards show the 50th logo. Does that spur any other thoughts?

• junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

@elhealy44 said:
    So I slid mine open since it's unsealed - some cards show the 50th logo. Does that spur any other thoughts?

Are you saying that some of the base cards have the logo? Or that the sets contain insert/parallel cards that have the logo?

I think you are confusing the NBA at 50 foil parallel cards with base cards. Those foils have the 50th logo and are inserts, not base issue cards. They were inserted in packs but could have also been added to these gold factory sets.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems