Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1795 O-118 Flowing Hair Half Dollar

GoBustGoBust Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭

1795 O-118 unique? This coin was thought not to exist, Heritage lists a ANACS plugged example coming to their June auction. No photographs as yet, so it might still be a mirage. I think we will know soon.

The Heritage catalogers are checking the attribution. If its the missing marriage, it will once again show new things that are old continue to pop up.

Comments

  • Options
    GoBustGoBust Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Well false alarm i just heard. Maybe next time.

  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

    1795 50C 2 Leaves, O-118, R.8, -- Plugged, Tooled -- ANACS. XF 40 Details.

    I saw the above also. No person has seen an example since it was listed in the 1881 Haseltine Type Table.

    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That would be something. I still double-check all the 1795 O-117's I see just in case...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file