Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

W.H.A. Hockey slides

slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have about 250-300 of them taken during the 1974-75 season . Hopefully these ones load up better. The slides will take a while to load em all but they include: Bobby Hull , Gordie Howe, Tom Edur, Gilles Gratton, Frank Mahovlich, Gerry Cheevers, Pat Stapleton, Ralph Backstrom, Bill Friday, Larry Hillman, Barry Long,

Comments

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! Reminds me of Slapshot.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    bobbybradyjrbobbybradyjr Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Those are fantastic!

Anything Gordie Howe and Bobby Hull is cool.

Are you selling or keeping?

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

love the 2nd to the last one with the Houston Aeros jersey...old stuff like this is so cool, no matter what the sport

• Options

None are for sale as they were a gift. If i remember correctly the Houston aero is Mark Howe. I later had one of the Bobby Hull slides developed into a 5x7 and signed . With the covid I’ve had to stop for now but am getting others developed.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

good heavens -- look how beat up the boards are in that Aeros photo

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cool!

• Options
    edited April 29, 2021 5:28AM

yes they are pretty beat up arn't they .. i think it was the last year at the stadium before they moved to another one.. and the slides that i was given were from a friend who worked for kodak and used to get into the games free so he could take photos for the company .

• Options

• Options

• Options

Able to load up some more now

• Options

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say this one is my favorite:

• Options

That would be Bill Berglund .. he only played 5 games in the WHA and none in the NHL

• Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

The Toronto Toros logo is on the sideboards on some of the photos, which means that those photo-slides were taken in Maple Leaf Gardens, which is now being used by a large-chain grocery store, Loblaws. as one of their marquee locations. They have marked the location of the old center ice face-off dot in the present store, so that you can get a sense of where the old landmark was in respect to the current environment.

• Options

I was wondering where the shots were from .. I've never been inside Maple Leaf Gardens.