Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How to price infrequently traded superstar cards

Any ideas on how to price truly rare rookies?

Like some of the limited type autos that are /25 or /10 or the like?

Hall of famers where there is a limited run and out if that only one or 2 psa 10 or bgs 9.5....

Comments

• WillymacWillymac Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

I know it’s a wierd/dumb question just trying to figure out a plan for some cards - thanks in advance for anyone that wants to explore this issue

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

to vague w info provided.

post some pics?

Ok so this isn’t a hall of famer - but perfect example is one I am trying to figure out how to put a price on...

edited April 25, 2021 1:58PM

I have some Westbrook and harden rookies that are the /10 /25 cards and the only psa 10 examples or one of 2 bgs 9.5 examples or 90’s and early 2000’s jeter refractors that are pop 5 or less in psa 10 and haven’t traded in years or only once a year or two ago etc...

dayum!

got no idea. not really a mayfield fan, but that's an absolutely gorgeous card. i think the spectra line in general are very underrated.

might be a first for saying this, but the bgs gold label accents the card very, very well.

guessing that lower right corner is what held it back from the black label, not that it matters obviously.

Thx!!

Pretty excited about that one as I haven’t found to many (any) examples of 1/1 and a 10....

what are your thoughts on it?

Dunno - just figured it is a question a lot of folks have about those 2 or 3 cards they have that they know are rare and hit but take time to sell - how should you sell them - high BIN or just auction...or consign

@Willymac said:
    Dunno - just figured it is a question a lot of folks have about those 2 or 3 cards they have that they know are rare and hit but take time to sell - how should you sell them - high BIN or just auction...or consign

if it were me, i'd wait until pre-season and let it go at auction. making it available and/or placing a high BIN even w/ best offers prior could hurt it, imo. better to have it shelved and not seen until then.

• UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭

Depending on when you want to sell the Mayfield, you may want to considering submitting it to see if you can get a bump on the one sub. Over the years I have had some success with that and know some other people who have as well. Since it is just like a quarter of a grade I think sometimes they are willing to reconsider. But my experiences were pre-tsunami. At a show you could turn something in and get an answer about 5 hours later for maybe $10 to $20. Think the timeline and cost have changed substantially.

Ok thanks - some other ones that I think will be interesting to price when I want to sell them...

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

As others have said, real high buy it now with best offer or give to an auction house

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

List it with a crazy BIN and allow offers. Does Ebay still allow you list with a reserve? That could be another option.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

What BIN would you put these at?

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

Why not send to PWCC and let them get top of market for you. No guessing games on BIN price.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS