Home Sports Talk
Options

Edelman and Brady - I can't believe it's not butter

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Julian Edelman buttered Tom Brady up on Instagram.

Tom Brady jokes about Julian Edelman joining him on Bucs

Although Tom Brady was joking about teaming up with one of his former receivers, there might be a part of him that would love to see it happen.
Julian Edelman announced his retirement from the NFL two weeks ago, and it didn’t take long for rumors to develop about a Tom Brady reunion.

Although Edelman retired due to his balky knee, some wondered whether he might one day come out of retirement to rejoin Brady on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, just like Rob Gronkowski did.

Brady seems to be in on the rumor.

Edelman posted on Instagram about the jersey number debate and suggested Brady wear the pi symbol as his jersey number. Brady responded by saying, “Now that you are a free agent, are you buttering me up??”

It wouldn’t be a stretch to recognize that many receivers dream of teaming with Brady. Gronk came out of retirement to do it. And if you hear the way his current teammates talk about him, you can understand the desire to work with Brady.

But Edelman retiring would have to take a bit of a medical miracle with his knee, which seems unlikely. But you never know . . .

Comments

• Options

Just so you know, I buy the generic, cheap brand of butter. It's $1.50 cheaper than "I can't believe it's not butter."

• Options

Is this possible? Could Edelman's knee heal up enough for him to join Brady?

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

why can't he just join the team in week 12 ? Grab a ring and rub it in New Englands faces . Yo, I got your 5th round compensatory pick right here :D

teams don't like this idea at all. Thats the real issue with Gronk , teams don't want players to have any say in anything. Remember , Bill B shopped Gronk around and brady was pissed said something to Kraft and it didn't happen they blocked the deal, , then Gronk did a will he won't he thing in the off season, finally decided to retire , then took a year off and went to Tompa? Talk radio in Mass , friggin Zolak in particular , still whines to this day that Gronk screwed the team that off season. I like Zo but he is right p Bill B's brown eye , they do a weekly TV segment together and he carries water for the team. Ya , that whole season Tom had no one to throw to was all Gronks fault for wavering about retirement , all on Gronk Bill botched another draft :D

Throughout Gronks career , with his back injuries , he often took more time off than team docs wanted and protected his health in opposition to what the team wanted and got away with it. He pushed back or his family/agent whatever did. Teams don't care , look at RG3 !!!

Edelman was hurt all the time ! hes small and he catches balls in the most dangerous part of the field and gets lit up all the damn time. These teams don't care if your body dies on the field , they will shoot you up and send you back out.

If Edelman can take a year off then unretire , more power to him. Teams will not like stuff like that at all, but if you are 32 why can't you skip a year to properly heal? you have your whole life ahead of you still

Remember another thing, Edelman got popped for PED's a few years ago , that was an injury recovery thing , you know the team or staff was feeding him that stuff or leaning on him to get healthy and whatever it was he took they felt would go under the radar and make it through testing.

The league itself is no angel , their arm had to be twisted over concussions , but teams would put the guys right back out if they could . The league is less of a bad guy in this area than teams , though not all teams are equally bad . RG3's situation , being put back out hurt and being broken beyond repair was one of the worst recent examples.

Did Mahomes have a concussion last year or not ? He looked like he was asleep after that one play but presto he was in the next game, video didn't show a blow to the head but the way he stood up something happened. Team and league might have conspired there , obviously its the super bowl and he wanted to play himself as well buthe didn't exactly look great.

Whew that was a long ass post from me , with actual points being made and everything :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@doubledragon said:

why can't he just join the team in week 12 ? Grab a ring and rub it in New Englands faces . Yo, I got your 5th round compensatory pick right here :D

teams don't like this idea at all. Thats the real issue with Gronk , teams don't want players to have any say in anything. Remember , Bill B shopped Gronk around and brady was pissed said something to Kraft and it didn't happen they blocked the deal, , then Gronk did a will he won't he thing in the off season, finally decided to retire , then took a year off and went to Tompa? Talk radio in Mass , friggin Zolak in particular , still whines to this day that Gronk screwed the team that off season. I like Zo but he is right p Bill B's brown eye , they do a weekly TV segment together and he carries water for the team. Ya , that whole season Tom had no one to throw to was all Gronks fault for wavering about retirement , all on Gronk Bill botched another draft :D

Throughout Gronks career , with his back injuries , he often took more time off than team docs wanted and protected his health in opposition to what the team wanted and got away with it. He pushed back or his family/agent whatever did. Teams don't care , look at RG3 !!!

Edelman was hurt all the time ! hes small and he catches balls in the most dangerous part of the field and gets lit up all the damn time. These teams don't care if your body dies on the field , they will shoot you up and send you back out.

If Edelman can take a year off then unretire , more power to him. Teams will not like stuff like that at all, but if you are 32 why can't you skip a year to properly heal? you have your whole life ahead of you still

Remember another thing, Edelman got popped for PED's a few years ago , that was an injury recovery thing , you know the team or staff was feeding him that stuff or leaning on him to get healthy and whatever it was he took they felt would go under the radar and make it through testing.

The league itself is no angel , their arm had to be twisted over concussions , but teams would put the guys right back out if they could . The league is less of a bad guy in this area than teams , though not all teams are equally bad . RG3's situation , being put back out hurt and being broken beyond repair was one of the worst recent examples.

Did Mahomes have a concussion last year or not ? He looked like he was asleep after that one play but presto he was in the next game, video didn't show a blow to the head but the way he stood up something happened. Team and league might have conspired there , obviously its the super bowl and he wanted to play himself as well buthe didn't exactly look great.

Whew that was a long ass post from me , with actual points being made and everything :D

Awesome post! 🖒

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Edelman ain't coming back. He's a lot smarter than Gronk.