Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Custom Framing, Archival Glass, Mutoscope's, Exhibit's, and Girly Girly WW II Non Sports Cards!

Afternoon,

As I posted in another thread I had my most recent acquisition Framed and, Matted, and Backed, with Archival Glass....All fo $90, well actually I misspoke, I paid $97 with Tax!

The story of my Great prices at Michaels does have a little bit of back Story to it. Back in April of last year I realized after picking up a couple items that eventually this was going to lead to some Framing of some Non Sports Stuff! So in the interest of gathering some info I spend a lot of Covid time finding out what this was going to cost? Expensive, The average of the size that the Uncut American Beauties Sheet was over $200 each.

But I kept getting these Michaels Coupons. So just for Giggles I decided to go the the Store that is literally 1000 yards away from my house! I took a couple of the items I might want Framed and we discussed them. Mxxxxxy and I have become a little more than Customer/Seller relationship. He has actively helped me with suggestions. and he is Instrumental in getting me many Discounts when it come to the Framing. As the department Manager he can discount stuff that a Normal Employee would not. And once you establish that relationship! Yeah!

So first we tried the following:

All three of these are from the 1945 Mutoscope Artists Pin-ups set of 64 different cards.

The labeling is a Work In Progress and I don't think any of the 3 exactly capture what I was looking for although Draw The Line is probably closest.

These all 3 utilize a Copy of the Mutoscope Card Black & White Photo taken by the artist Zoe Mozert, then triple transposed and then painted. I assembled them into what I thought would be an Interesting pieces!

End Cost was $84-89 per each. Although not perfection, a nice start! Centering on the Name Plates, Pictures, and Mutoscope could all be tweaked! The Gray I think Pops more than the Pink in the two with the Gray. The one with Pink I am not sure where I found the nads to to it again with the American Beauties Set/Sheet! But it definitely works for that one.

Yee