Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

smr collectibles company spam

just got this spam. this screams “rip off” from the roof tops. for one, they ripped off the name. next, i assume their pitch will be “we offer 110% of smr price guide”. how many will get took?

Hi,

We are SMR Collectibles (www.smrcollectibles.com) a Sports Collectibles company located in Amityville, New York. SMR Collectibles is one of the largest Sports Card and Collectibles companies in the Tri-State area. We are actively buying collections and found you by searching sets here on PSA Registry. If you have any interest in selling we would love to talk further with you.

Thanks,

SMR Collectibles

Contact Info:
EMAIL: xxxo@smrcollectibles.com
PHONE: (732) 547-4xxx

xxx New Highway
Amityville, New York 11701

Comments

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

It could be a Horror, based on the mailing address :)

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2021 2:20PM

So they would give me $6.60 for this. SMR pricing is utterly useless even the Apr is not very reliable since the market has moved so drastically

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2021 2:32PM

@rexvos said:

>

So they would give me $6.60 for this. SMR pricing is utterly useless even the Apr is not very reliable since the market has moved so drastically

even if my initials were SMR, i wouldn't name my acquiring collectibles buisness "SMR", so i'm guessing that'll be their spiel. i responded directly w/ what i thought to their spam email and hadn't heard a word back. if i were smarter, i woulda let them run their pitch just to have a lil free entertainment.

• Options

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

or we could say we'll need a bigger boat w the sharks circling...

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2023 7:05PM

@blurryface said:

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

or we could say we'll need a bigger boat w the sharks circling...

Does O-Pee-Chee's Jaws II count?

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

They have been selling on eBay under that name for a long time.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    They have been selling on eBay under that name for a long time.

Yes, I've bought a few things from them. They are legit as far as buying from. I've never sold anything to them.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I've gotten a couple of items from them on eBay and also their physical store location. Everything went smoothly and I'm happy with all my purchases. I haven't sold anything to them yet -- but I am thinking about asking what they would pay for a few cases of cards I have from the late 80's early 90's...

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2021 1:52PM

I think SMR are the initials of the owner and it's a coincidence.

• Options

purchases went well. got it. but the spam email scouring the registry which is linked to a periodical named smr w contradictory prices is the issue here, right?

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve Rosenblum. Bought a few things over the years from SMR. Never sold anything, though I've gotten the email and had some correspondence back/forth.