Options

NFL players free to smoke marijuana

2»

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeff Spicoli most definitely concurs

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

"One toke over the (scrimmage) line, sweet Jesus, one toke over the (scrimmage) line".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Far out, man. ........"Don't Bogart That Joint My Friend....Pass It Over To Me".....repeat.......NAME THE BAND!

Don’t know but nobody beats Sublimes Bradley Noles with this diddy:

I smoke two joints in the morning
    I smoke two joints at night
    I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright
    I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war
    I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints
    And then I smoke two more

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:
    One thing that ticks me off a little bit, is the cannabis "industry" basically proclaiming how safe it is to use marijuana. Well, back in the 50's and 60's the tobacco industry proclaimed the same thing, and look what happened there. Sure seems to me like history repeating itself.

I'm not going to discuss it further here, suffice to say that using marijuana is not safe for a multitude of reasons. That is a medical fact, and many reputable medical websites on the internet state proof of that.

At the very least, without a doubt, introducing a foreign substance such as this into the body has to have a negative effect on the immune system, and that's a very bad idea to weaken your immune system in this covid era.

this is 100% accurate. Smoking, vaping etc. is not good for you. it is indesputable.

Some just eat the brownies.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad move by the NFL. Glad I quit watching.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

Bottom line - Everyone has their various views on marijuana. But there is no conceivable way this new NFL policy makes their game better, and can't help but make it worse.

The NFL badly needs new, wiser leadership.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2021 8:00AM

@keets said:
    Pot is legal in 17 states. Sooner or later the NFL was going to get sued for punishing someone for partaking in a legal activity.

of course you realize what a ridiculous statement this is, right?? Alcohol is legal in every State, but I'm pretty sure that is they test you at work and you're positive for Alcohol over a specific limit that you'll be in trouble. so it is with Marijuana. another thing to remember with Marijuana is that it is fat soluble, the THC dissolves and is absorbed into your body's fat cells. what that means is that maybe 2-3 weeks or even a month or two that same THC could be released when your body burns the fat containing it.

good luck to the players who think they have a free pass to partake and party like Josh Gordon.

What have you been smoking?

Your statement is the ridiculous one.

Players are not punished for having acceptable levels of alcohol in their systems because it's legal.

With Marijuana becoming legal in more and more states, the NFL has decided to treat it the same way. Smart pro active move.

At some point, a player testing positive for pot (yes it stays in your system for a long time) at a low level will fight it because where he smoked/ate it, it was legal, it's an acceptable level, and it was "like a month ago, man".

When I drove a delivery truck, I was allowed to have half of alcohol in my system as another driver, pot was a complete no-no. That may change too. None of it matters to me personally. I do not use mood altering chemicals of any kind. Oops I do drink the occasional energy drink Craig.

A friend of mine (liked his pot), got hurt at work several years ago. He was not high at the time, but of course was fired because he had pot in his system.

He was going through treatment, they let him come back to work right away. They then noticed he was limping and had him take another drug test. He told them that the pot from the original test was still in his system and they fired him AGAIN.

Luckily, he was in a union and got his job back, never smoked pot again and didn't have any more issues.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@coolstanley said:

Bottom line - Everyone has their various views on marijuana. But there is no conceivable way this new NFL policy makes their game better, and can't help but make it worse.

The NFL badly needs new, wiser leadership.

Going to be a lot more dim wits and lot less potato chips!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set