Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just when I was starting to feel like a hobby big wig....Thanks PWCC!!!

Comments

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Well, rules me out.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

The seller fees look pretty good.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2021 3:23PM

I wonder when they completely leave eBay and hold all auctions on its own website.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

@dontippet said:

Yes they do. Instead of charging you to sell your items, they give you MORE than the hammer price!! That's boss right there!

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay at least offers a small amount of oversite. With PWCC running their own auctions expect max shenanigans.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

Not that I have any items to sell here, but I just confirmed the fees with a cust service rep......

"We are offering a portion of the buyer fees to the seller for the items that sell on our Premier auction."

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2021 2:33PM

forget which thread, but mentioned a while back that pwcc had a ton of their bigger ticketed items go unpaid. mighta been the february auction. the gentleman that conveyed this to me was led to believe that it was folks from another obvious auction house (or their bots as data suggests) to have those consignors get pissed w pwcc about their higher ticket items go unclaimed and unpaid.

obviously this is all here-say, but sounds plausible. not sure how quick pwcc could get somethimg like that up and running, but something tells me it was probably in the works or being tossed around and that the feb auction mighta been the final nail in the coffin.

only silver lining i see here is that perhaps ebay will get off their arse now and see that all these shenanigans, bid retractions, non-payments are pushing sellers away from their platform which has become nothing sort of a joke.

i certainly doubt they miss my listings, but pwcc and a couple mil worth of auction fees and managed payments revenue on a monthly basis? that will hit home sooner than later. and best believe if the bigger ticket item platform works for them, theyll start doing mid-tiered items and work their way down.

i hate to say it, but in this one particular instance, good for pwcc.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2021 2:40PM

@bobbyw8469 said:

@dontippet said:

Yes they do. Instead of charging you to sell your items, they give you MORE than the hammer price!! That's boss right there!

got 108% of whats hammering this month in heritage! was happy a out that and will still prolly go there.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much are the buyer fees?

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2021 6:56AM

Hope they go completely off EBay. Then I don’t have to ignore their trimmed cards every time I look. Will allow 4SC or gregmorris2 or somebody else to get bigger with consignments on EBay.

• Options

@brad31 said:
    Hope they go completely off EBay. Then I don’t have to ignore their trimmed cards every time I look. Will allow 4SC or gregmorris2 or somebody else to get bigger with consignments on EBay.

4SC? 4SC? Dude, you're killing me! :D

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2021 9:25AM

@brad31 said:
    Hope they go completely off EBay. Then I don’t have to ignore their **trimmed cards every time I look**. Will allow 4SC or gregmorris2 or somebody else to get bigger with consignments on EBay.

Thumbs up for 1st two sentences.

Whichever venue they use they will do whatever it takes to continue to receive 10's on sub's that otherwise would be 7's, 8's and 9's :)

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

Why do you think PWCC subs cards? What conspiracy theory is this?

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:

Is there something I don't know about 4SC? Have never read about them in a scandal. I know there are thoughts that they may get cards graded on the high side - but to me that would be an issue with the TPGs not 4SC. Would like to be educated - but I am not aware of them linked with any card alterations. A card that we feel does not merit a grade we can all see in the scans- a trimmed card that gets past a TPG is not something easy to tell.

• Options

@brad31 said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

Is there something I don't know about 4SC? Have never read about them in a scandal. I know there are thoughts that they may get cards graded on the high side - but to me that would be an issue with the TPGs not 4SC. Would like to be educated - but I am not aware of them linked with any card alterations. A card that we feel does not merit a grade we can all see in the scans- a trimmed card that gets past a TPG is not something easy to tell.

4SC........NESC............go to your Google machine

• Options
    edited April 21, 2021 8:51AM

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@brad31 said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1298835
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/18/baseball-card-collectors-suspected-rampant-fraud-their-hobby-now-fbi-is-investigating/
    https://theathletic.com/1829002/2020/05/22/how-a-scandal-unraveled-and-shaped-the-battle-for-card-collectings-soul/

Not sure a "conspiracy" but a actual active (or active in 2020) FBI investigation.

Or as you mentioned using your "google machine" :) ; pwcc trimming scandal.

• Options
    edited April 21, 2021 9:59AM

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@brad31 said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

Not a conspiracy but a actual/real FBI investigation

As you mentioned "go to your google machine" :) - pwcc trimming scandal

It's possible now that big money entered the hobby this year, that as long as that coin remains deeper investigations will become normal as a decent way for higher-ups in some federal agencies to make a non-partisan bone.

COVID19 seems to have masked the scandals from late 2019/2020 but it all still exists and the virus next year may no longer consuming all news cycles.

I do wonder how many cards "investors" have pumped huge sums money into this year are altered cards. Something that may come to light as they look to profit take. Then what the after-effects are if the altered even make up as little as 4% of those big ticket purchases. Many of these investors have the ways, means, contacts and no hesitancy to take it to courts in form of lawsuits.