Home Sports Talk
Options

Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris - Who wins?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know they fought in a movie, but who wins a real fight between these two?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruce Lee

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chuck, more power behind him.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon I thought they fought in some type of charity exhibition bout in France. It was a long time ago and my french is a little rusty, but if you google "le monstre à deux têtes décide" you might find your answer.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the photo of Chuck Norris I came up with a new joke.

Chuck Norris is so tough his body hair is far better than any bullet proof vest.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon I thought they fought in some type of charity exhibition bout in France. It was a long time ago and my french is a little rusty, but if you google "le monstre à deux têtes décide" you might find your answer.

I did not know this, I will have to look into that.

• Options

I googled it, but could not find anything. I did read an article though, and Chuck Norris claims that they did spar on occasion, but never actually fought. As far as my choice for who would win in a fight, I'm going to take Bruce Lee. In my opinion, he is the greatest martial artist of all time, and he could do things that were unbelievable. Check out this scene in Way of The Dragon, when he kicks the lamp out.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2021 9:12AM

Not something I ever gave any thought to. I've heard of both of them but never seen either one in action. I've got to get out more.......or buy a television set.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's basically apples to apples, it always favors the bigger guy, IE boxing, wrestling, etc.

So i have to go with Chuck Norris.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chuck Norris, because he is alive.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

Just look at Bruce Lee dancing circles around Chuck Norris, no way Chuck would be able to keep up with Bruce Lee's speed and grace.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

I did not know this, I will have to look into that.

I'm sorry. I meant to say put it into google translate.

• Options

It is a work of art watching Bruce Lee.

• Options

He had surprising power behind his kicks too.

• Options

Look at Bruce Lee working Norris over, you go boy!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

there are some anecdotal stories of bruce lee fighting, but very very little that can be substantiated. he did not really enter tournaments like Norris did. we don't know how he would deal with getting hit.

i have always looked at bruce lee as more of an exhibitionist than a fighter. He did a lot of speed drills and stuff with one inch punches etc. he was very fast, yes, but there is a limit to what a 135 pound man can do. I would take Chuck.

either one would get destroyed by a high-level grappler. be it greco roman or bjj.

it would have been fun to watch bruce lee take on Ali. I am fairly confident he would get knocked clear out of the ring.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruce Lee, the legend!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Bruce Lee wasn't just an actor who, he was respected by karate champions like Joe Lewis, who was the heavyweight karate champion. Check out the power Bruce Lee had behind his punches in this video. I think Bruce Lee could have taken Chuck Norris.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7XS5ssBK6gY

• Options

@craig44 said:
    there are some anecdotal stories of bruce lee fighting, but very very little that can be substantiated. he did not really enter tournaments like Norris did. we don't know how he would deal with getting hit.

i have always looked at bruce lee as more of an exhibitionist than a fighter. He did a lot of speed drills and stuff with one inch punches etc. he was very fast, yes, but there is a limit to what a 135 pound man can do. I would take Chuck.

either one would get destroyed by a high-level grappler. be it greco roman or bjj.

it would have been fun to watch bruce lee take on Ali. I am fairly confident he would get knocked clear out of the ring.

That's all Lee was...135 lbs?

Chit, i could take that little pip-squeak.

• Options
    edited April 20, 2021 10:38PM

@doubledragon

I apologize, in shame, as my little joke was unable to derail your thread...😂 😬 🤔

Now you know that it is you , DoubleD, who decides the victor.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon

I apologize, in shame, as my little joke was unable to derail your thread...😂 😬 🤔

Now you know that it is you , DoubleD, who decides the victor.

You should know by now grasshopper the dragon can't be fooled. Maybe someday grasshopper, maybe someday.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

yeah, he was a tiny little guy. he is quick like strawweights and flyweights in MMA. very very quick, but not as much power as a bigger man. many say Lee was strong for his weight, but ultimately, there is a reason for weight classes. a bigger man has advantages a similarly skilled smaller man just cant overcome

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

yeah, he was a tiny little guy. he is quick like strawweights and flyweights in MMA. very very quick, but not as much power as a bigger man. many say Lee was strong for his weight, but ultimately, there is a reason for weight classes. a bigger man has advantages a similarly skilled smaller man just cant overcome

Well of course you know i was kidding about Bruce Lee. I could take him...but only if i had a machine gun with me. LOL

You are so right about weight classes. I once took a coed martial arts class, and one of the first thing the instructor stated, i guess a full disclosure type of thing, is that the women in the class no matter how skilled they became during the class, should not try to take on a bigger male.

That being said, i think if a woman perfected a kick to the groin or something such as that, then that could be advantageous in a certain situation. But i think the instructor implied that for a woman to get in a protracted fight with a bigger male, even with her new martial arts skills, it's generally not going to work for her.

Now if a woman became a tenth degree black belt or something like that, then it could be a different story.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

chuck norris wears rattle snakes for condoms, so...

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chuck Norris isn't beating the man in the yellow jumpsuit.

• Options

@blurryface said:

Yeah but Chuck Norris' mama is so fat when she wears a yellow jumpsuit people yell 'TAXI' !

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

Yeah but Chuck Norris' mama is so fat that when she wears a yellow jumpsuit people yell 'TAXI' ! when she jumps for joy, she gets stuck

fixed

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

Yeah but Chuck Norris' mama is so fat that when she wears a yellow jumpsuit people yell 'TAXI' ! when she jumps for joy, she gets stuck

fixed

Yeah but the yellow thing fit in with my whole 'nobody beats the man in the yellow jumpsuit' themed post.
    Seriously I think Bruce Lee's quickness would have served him well in a battle with Norris and Bruce would have prevailed.

• Options

Chuck Norris' mama is so fat that when she steps on a scale my cell phone number pops up.
    Bruce Lees mama is so skinny when she turns sideways she disappears. ** disclaimer

**disclaimer- when we were kids my brother used to tell me this, my brother who was 1 year
    older and a full 5 pounds heavier than me. :o He also used to say I could hide behind a fence post.
    It never even occurred to me to say hey, You're also skinny!! I wasn't the brightest bulb in the factory outlet store.

• Options

@Darin said:

@blurryface said:

Yeah but Chuck Norris' mama is so fat when she wears a yellow jumpsuit people yell 'TAXI' !

i saw chuck norris strangle bruce lee w a cordless phone.

• Options
    1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭

Bruce Lee did get roughed up by Cliff Booth. :smiley:

• Options
    edited April 23, 2021 7:00PM

little known fact. bruce lee’s middle name was “sara”?

he also had a vegan twin brother, broco.