Home Sports Talk

Jake Paul knocks out Ben Askren

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 19, 2021 2:00AM in Sports Talk

I don't know if you've been following this clown, but Youtube star Jake Paul is trying to make a career in boxing knocking out tomato cans. He has fought three opponents now, his first opponent was Anesongib, a weak rival Youtube star, his second opponent was a weak ex-NBA player named Nate Robinson, and his third opponent that he knocked out Saturday night was an ex-UFC fighter named Ben Askren. Jake Paul runs his mouth a lot, is very arrogant and cocky, and loves to hurl personal insults. He claims he is the real deal in boxing, yet his opponent selection is very weak. His latest victim, Ben Askren, was a ex-MMA fighter who was a NCAA wrestler, and his whole career he was famous for not being able to punch. When Askren fought in UFC, he was predominantly a grappler who won by taking his opponents to the ground and wrestling them and making them tap out, he could never punch worth a crap, so it doesn't surprise me that Jake Paul chose him as an opponent. I suspect Ben Askren just took this fight for the money. Hopefully Jake Paul will actually pick an opponent who can punch back next time he fights. If he is the real deal like he claims, he will fight an actual skilled boxer someday.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jake Paul after the fight, acting like he just knocked out Ivan Drago. What a joke.

This was Jake Paul's first opponent, rival Youtube star Anesongib.

edited April 19, 2021 2:06AM

His second opponent was ex-NBA player Nate Robinson, which he knocked out. Nate Robinson couldn't punch either, a weak opponent.

Jake Paul fights on the Triller Fight Club, which is on pay-per-view, and it costs $49.99 to view. Look at the belt they hand out to the winner, it looks like it was bought at a toy store.

This was his latest victim, Ben Askren. Dude looks like he just crawled out of bed. Nice job Jake, you're on your way to the big time.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2021 4:14AM

Geezuz I didn’t realize his opponents were like this, it’s all fun and games when your fighting guys like this. We will see how “The Champ” does when he fights someone who is at least capable of scrapping

@perkdog said:
    Geezuz I didn’t realize his opponents were like this, it’s all fun AB games when your fighting guys like this. We will see how “The Champ” does when he fights someone who is at least capable of scrapping

Yes, and Jake Paul has an ongoing feud with Tommy Fury, the half brother of heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, and they have been going at eachother back and forth. In this video, Tommy Fury puts on a blonde wig to poke fun at Jake Paul's hair.

This event was the biggest freakin clown show. Then, during the fight between Regis Prograis and Ivan Redkach, the fight was stopped when Redkach faked being hit down low and he was carried off on a stretcher. Regis Prograis hit Ivan Redkach with a legal body shot, but Redkach wanted out the fight, so he pretended that he was hit down low so he could get out of the fight. The story is all over the internet. Here is a picture of the punch frozen, and you can see it was a body shot, and nit a low blow.

I actually was at a buddy's house watching this event Saturday night, he payed for this on pay-per-view. I stayed up way past my bedtime, I didn't get to bed until after midnight, and I'm used to going to bed at 8:45 p.m. So, he had free beer and snacks and I went over there to watch this. I couldn't believe what a clown show it was. A guy fakes a low blow and the fight is over, then Jake Paul beats up a can of Campbells soup with hair. I have to admit, it was pretty comical though, but I was glad I didn't pay $49.99 for it.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a joke. I cant imagine this "promotion" will last long

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't his brother a fighter too? I'm out of the loop, but I think that is correct.

@thisistheshow said:
    Isn't his brother a fighter too? I'm out of the loop, but I think that is correct.

Yes, you are in the loop, his brother is Logan Paul, and he is doing the same thing as Jake. As a matter of fact, Logan is supposed to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr soon. I can't wait to see Logan get dismantled by Floyd.

Knowing Jake Paul, his next opponent will be cookie monster. Watch out Jake, he's got a mean streak!

Another thing that was crazy about this spectacle was, that Oscar De La Hoya was at the table doing some commentary, and you could tell he had been drinking. Also commentating was Snoop Dogg, and he had placed a $2 million bet on Jake Paul to win, he made the bet with Dana White, the guy that runs UFC. I would post the video of the Paul vs Askren fight on here, but Snoop Dogg keeps yelling, "make me my bleep bleep money Jake", so I don't want to get in trouble. I'm pretty sure Snoop Dogg was stoned out of his mind. It was quite a spectacle. Twitter has been having a field day with this, and MMA fans are disappointed in Ben Askren.

Just look at Oscar De La Hoya at the commentators table, he's wasted. He's freakin wasted!

edited April 19, 2021 11:27AM

Oscar De La Hoya leaving the commentators table....

edited April 19, 2021 3:50PM

Yes, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced, Ben Askren just showed up for the paycheck. He wasn't even serious about fighting Jake Paul, he just showed up, took his knockout, and made off with the money. He just wanted that money, he might have looked hurt on the outside, but he was smiling on the inside, you sly devil you.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can you guys possibly question the motives of a company that puts on a "slap fight" refereed by Ric Flair???

@UrbanDecay04 said:

@doubledragon said:
    Jake Paul after the fight, acting like he just knocked out Ivan Drago. What a joke.

Dude is ugly AF... I never liked Jake Paul... He's an absolute ass with all bark no bite... except when he does bite, he bites little kids... How pathetic... He acts like he's got muscle when he's nothing but skin and bones... I don't know if you guys remember this, but, a couple of years ago, a Youtuber and his brother Youtuber went to the suicide forest in Japan and started laughing at the dead bodies and then proceeded to post the video on Youtube... Remember that? Well, this is that Youtuber...Anyways that was my rant...

Yes, he absolutely did. He is a punk, and I can't wait until he faces a real boxer with skill and gets smashed.

@UrbanDecay04 said:

@doubledragon said:

@UrbanDecay04 said:

@doubledragon said:

Dude is ugly AF... I never liked Jake Paul... He's an absolute ass with all bark no bite... except when he does bite, he bites little kids... How pathetic... He acts like he's got muscle when he's nothing but skin and bones... I don't know if you guys remember this, but, a couple of years ago, a Youtuber and his brother Youtuber went to the suicide forest in Japan and started laughing at the dead bodies and then proceeded to post the video on Youtube... Remember that? Well, this is that Youtuber...Anyways that was my rant...

Yes, he absolutely did. He is a punk, and I can't wait until he faces a real boxer with skill and gets smashed.

He's probably too scared to... We may never see the day that happens... sadly

Yes, sadly we probably won't see it happen because he's gutless!

Decisions, decisions, who to fight next? 🤔

Oh my goodness, Tommy Fury has a little message for Jake Paul in this video.

@Tabe said:
    How can you guys possibly question the motives of a company that puts on a "slap fight" refereed by Ric Flair???

Seeing a grown man run around the ring in his boxer shorts, I'm not surprised Flair took the job either.

This just in, Jake Paul has found his next opponent.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually thought the Ric Flair slapping match was more entertaining than the fight. I would pay decent money to watch Paul fight Tyson Fury.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

I would pay good money to see Jake Paul fight Tyson Fury as well. Tyson Fury would pick Jake Paul apart and spit him out.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

rather see jake paul fight ru paul.

and my money would seriously be on ru.