Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

To break or not to break?

1991-92 Skybox series 2. It’s been around 20 years since my last basketball rip. Not sure exactly what I would be looking for. Any thoughts appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

It really depends on if you want to gamble!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

no

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I’m not sure what to look for that makes the gamble worth it. I know there are a few Jordan’s in the Series 2. Is there anything else? I have look through eBay a little but can’t tell what are some of the possible pulls.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boxes are selling for $160-220.00.

I don't know what's in series 2 vs series 1, but looks like several $400.00+ cards.

Of course you have to get a 10. Grading fees will cut into your profit if you rip.

I would rip it. Have fun!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shawther said:
    I’m not sure what to look for that makes the gamble worth it. I know there are a few Jordan’s in the Series 2. Is there anything else? I have look through eBay a little but can’t tell what are some of the possible pulls.

MJ, MJ, and more MJ! It's unfortunate but that is really the case with most of the 90/91 stuff. Eventually the other players should increase if they are in mint condition.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

Luc Longley RCs