To break or not to break?

Options

1991-92 Skybox series 2. It’s been around 20 years since my last basketball rip. Not sure exactly what I would be looking for. Any thoughts appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

  • Cakes
    Cakes Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    It really depends on if you want to gamble!

    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

    Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • handyman
    handyman Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    no

  • shawther
    shawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    Options

    I’m not sure what to look for that makes the gamble worth it. I know there are a few Jordan’s in the Series 2. Is there anything else? I have look through eBay a little but can’t tell what are some of the possible pulls.

  • JoeBanzai
    JoeBanzai Posts: 12,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Boxes are selling for $160-220.00.

    I don't know what's in series 2 vs series 1, but looks like several $400.00+ cards.

    Of course you have to get a 10. Grading fees will cut into your profit if you rip.

    I would rip it. Have fun!

    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Cakes
    Cakes Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    @shawther said:
    I’m not sure what to look for that makes the gamble worth it. I know there are a few Jordan’s in the Series 2. Is there anything else? I have look through eBay a little but can’t tell what are some of the possible pulls.

    MJ, MJ, and more MJ! It's unfortunate but that is really the case with most of the 90/91 stuff. Eventually the other players should increase if they are in mint condition.

    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

    Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • billwaltonsbeard
    billwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Luc Longley RCs