Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

2021 Samoa Alpha & Omega Gold & Silver Coins

ALPHA AND OMEGA COIN GIVEBACK PROGRAM
https://scottsdalemint.com/coinsforcongo/

I saw these and ordered some of them, I just like the design. Of course that order was 4-5 weeks ago and still processing but I am ok with it for now as I just liked them.

I have never purchased from Scottsdale so I hope I am ok with that part. The question is, are they considered world coins? 2021 Samoa Alpha & Omega seems to be official coins of Samoa. It should hold its metal value and such but what about collectability? They have very low mintages. Has Scottsdale ever produced a coin for a country that was collectible before? I think back to the Franklin Mint and those are pretty much just bullion value now. Not that it is a bad thing as those large Panamanian coins are near and were purchased near bullion value. These Alpha and Omega ones however seem to me to have a nitch and they help with a good cause with the Congo.

Any thoughts?

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having looked at the site it appears as though they are legitimate NCLT issues of Samoa.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    EthanEthan Posts: 315 ✭✭

Nice in hand....stunning as I love the design!

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”