Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Type 1 vs Type 3 Photos

I know that type 1 photos are developed from the original negatives with 2 years and type 2 photos are developed from the original negatives after 2 years. My question is if all photos used for wire photos qualifies it as a type 3 or 4.

I get confused if you have a photo taken from the original negatives within 2 years but it is used for a newspaper.

The question behind this question is a photo I have from a Celtics game from 1962. It has some sort of aftermarket sticker with a reference number that I do not recognize.

Regardless of the photo type, it’s a cool photo with Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, and even Tom Heinsohn watching in the background.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle

Comments

• Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

I forgot to add that the game was played on December 28th, 1962 and the date stamp is marked December 29th, 1962.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

should be a Type 1 photo then

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.