NEW RED SOX UNIFORMS-VERY BAD

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

boston marathon tribute, so...

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

those are abhorrent.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited April 17, 2021 5:09PM

those yankee fdny caps post 9/11 horrible too?

i mean cmon fellas...

• Options

@UrbanDecay04 said:

@blurryface said:
    boston marathon tribute, so...

Really?... I feel like they could've designed them better for more respect towards that horrific event

looks spot on to me...

• Options

@UrbanDecay04 said:
    If they really wanted to respect that tragedy they could've made them look better... Jmho

by designing them as the finish line and stating “you cant stop us”?

have at it, versace!

• Options

@UrbanDecay04 said:

@blurryface said:
    those yankee fdny caps post 9/11 horrible too?

i mean cmon fellas...

Read my last post

you mean the one you went back and edited?

• Options

@UrbanDecay04 said:

@blurryface said:

@UrbanDecay04 said:
    If they really wanted to respect that tragedy they could've made them look better... Jmho

by designing them as the finish line and stating “you cant stop us”?

have at it, versace!

No... The Boston marathon logo... Stating "Boston athletics association"

they didnt target the BAA.

the marathon is about the “finish”. to be able to qualify and to actually finish it come hell or high water. to say the training, the cramping, the elements, the chaffing, the bloody nips nor a freaking terrorist’s bomb is gonna stop me from finishing this damn race.

“its not how you start a race, rather its how you...”

• Options

The uniforms are great and they honor the Boston Marathon perfectly.

• Options
    CARDSANDCOINSCARDSANDCOINS Posts: 340 ✭✭✭

VERY BAD, DOESNT HONOR REDSOX HERITAGE
    TED WILLIAMS HEAD IS ROLLING OVER IN THE TUNA CAN

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know how many people associate those colors with the Boston Marathon. I am a runner and have had friends run the marathon, even the fateful one with the bombing, but I had no idea what their colors are. With that in mind, I doubt if most people would understand that this is a tribute to anything.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2021 10:00AM

They're o.k., but judging from the photo they look cheap. Just more junk merchandise to sell.

• Options

I think there is just too much yellow. Maybe they could have done more blue with yellow lettering or something. Also the blue seems to be a shade too light maybe. I'm happy they decided to make a tribute regardless of how they look though.

• Options
    professorpuckprofessorpuck Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

When you think you've seen it all, you get threads like these. Good work, OP!

• Options
    edited April 18, 2021 11:41PM

@CARDSANDCOINS said:
    VERY BAD, DOESNT HONOR REDSOX HERITAGE
    TED WILLIAMS HEAD IS ROLLING OVER IN THE TUNA CAN

because and get this...it has nothing to do w red sox heritage. no more than the fdny hats had to do w yankee heritage. the red sox were paying homage to their towns marathon, not themselves.

and ted had a good head on his shoulders, pun intended. was also a war vet who fought for his country. im pretty sure he’d be ok w it for 1 freaking game to honor those lost in a terrorist attack in his own back yard.

the irony is that it IS part of red sox heritage now. so now what? 😉

• Options

@dontippet said:
    but I had no idea what their colors are. With that in mind, I doubt if most people would understand that this is a tribute to anything.

until now. thank you red sox.

• Options

more history lessons. bostons city flag colors are?

😂 <—- custom redsox emoji