Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Please help me with how PSA would grade this.

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent this card to a paper expert to get his opinion. This card is Nr-mt but it has a printing issue on the bottom right of the front.

The expert told me that when they put a gloss on the front of the card (card is from 1965), the gloss crinkled into the card. It is not a crease at all. I have looked at it and it’s only a line that is on the card, and I think the guy is right. It does not penetrate the surface, nor does it present itself on top of the card like glue.

Anyone here familiar with how PSA would handle this ? It’s a 10k card in a PSA 8 and probably 3k in a PSA 3. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure, but it looks like PSA has made an allowance with other cards - the 1992 Topps Gold Shaquille O'Neal comes to mind (mark down the left border). This is a 9 and I'm fairly certain I've seen a 10 with the same mark.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for that insight.

Question - Do all the Shaq cards come like that, or are there some that do not ?

My Gerd Muller rookie card comes like that very infrequently, but they are out there.

thanks

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

Not all - some don't have it

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

I don't see it getting an 8. Not because of the PD, but because of the top right corner.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a gouge.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a ball point pen mark. Like they were trying to get the ink to work

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA would probably take just inside a year to grade this... that help?

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Just my opinion, but I think it takes away from the proverbial "overall eye appeal" and thus would impact the final grade. And I agree with nam812 that it looks like a gouge which would be costly. It may just be the scan though. It's a very nice card though of a soccer player even I have heard about. LOL Good luck with it. Right now, it seems PSA is coming down relentlessly at every opportunity so I might wait if I were you. Bobby