Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pricing a Card That Trades Infrequently

How does one know what to bid on a card like this?

https://ebay.com/itm/1982-Fleer-Mark-Belanger-158-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-/143999275538?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=9KfIJ0kLsT%252F9whlhTWrODmCBrno%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last sold in 2010 BIN for $25. I can't imagine that the demand for either 1982 Fleer or Belanger has changed much.

Comments

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw the ending bid. dont sleep on some hard to find PSA 10's, even commons, especially if people are trying to complete the set registry. theres only 5 of those in PSA 10 and if they dont come up often and nowadays people dont want to pay to submit stuff like that, I think you're gonna see a premium on stuff like this going forward. the tradeoff of paying a high amount on a card like this vs buying one raw, waiting for it to be graded and HOPING for a 10 and can be well worth it to some.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:
    I saw the ending bid. dont sleep on some hard to find PSA 10's, even commons, especially if people are trying to complete the set registry. theres only 5 of those in PSA 10 and if they dont come up often and nowadays people dont want to pay to submit stuff like that, I think you're gonna see a premium on stuff like this going forward. the tradeoff of paying a high amount on a card like this vs buying one raw, waiting for it to be graded and HOPING for a 10 and can be well worth it to some.

just quoting in hopes somebody stumbles across it and reads it twice to sink in. long waits, higher costs of grading, increased registry participants all equal a recipe for substantial price increases on rare stuff. even mark belanger.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@dictoresno said:

just quoting in hopes somebody stumbles across it and reads it twice to sink in. long waits, higher costs of grading, increased registry participants all equal a recipe for substantial price increases on rare stuff. even mark belanger.

ive overpaid (I felt) for cards that were already graded, mostly PSA 10's. to me, the premium paid was worth my chances of buying raw, WAITING and hoping it would come back a 10. especially now since most of my returns seem very arbitrarily 9's where I used to get more 10's. I think 9 will be the new 10 and 10's going forward regardless of the card, will be held at a premium due to all the factors at play (the wait, sub freeze, 9'ed to death on subs that do return and the sheer amount of cards on backlog that are gonna choke the supply side).

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

i can not say you are wrong! 😉

• Options

Yep if trying to complete a set which have some low pop cards you need to buy and forget about the price. One of the cards I needed and had never seen for sale before recently popped up and I instantly bought and way over paid for it.`

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are people working on the 1982 Fleer set?

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:
    Are people working on the 1982 Fleer set?

Four people have 24% or more of the set completed. One of those is at 90%.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

KInda like Barry Sanders.... you can't stop him ~ you can only hope to contain him.