Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

E-Bay Experts Needed for Scan Magnification Problems.

Evening,

I noticed awhile back that some of my Listings on E-Bay, the Magnify the Scan works fine, and on others it doesn't work? This was pointed out to me by a Customer today, so I have to deal with it.

Anybody Know Why or Why not the feature works or doesn't in a particular listing?

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    surfyfunsurfyfun Posts: 75 ✭✭

Maybe check the size of the file/resolution. I think that sometimes a pic will be small or have low res and won't magnify. Check the file size of the original pics you have and see if the ones that magnify are significantly different from ones that don't. Maybe check pixel dimensions in the 'properties' of the pics in your files.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

@surfyfun said:
    Maybe check the size of the file/resolution. I think that sometimes a pic will be small or have low res and won't magnify. Check the file size of the original pics you have and see if the ones that magnify are significantly different from ones that don't. Maybe check pixel dimensions in the 'properties' of the pics in your files.

Now I'm seeing the Problem, is related to another, which I have had for 10-12 years with E-Bay. I have to scan and crop cards so there is like 2" on all sides of the card or E-Bay says its not 500 X 500 Pixels and won't post the Scan. So I think that Both problems are 100% related. So I have all this White (Scanner Top) around the Cards for nothing in my listings

So how do you get around E-Bay and their 500 X 500 BS?

Thanks

Neil

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2021 6:28PM

prolly not what ya want to hear, but i went from laptop & scanner to ipad & photo & haven't looked back. can smoke thru listings twice as fast via the app. took a while to get used to, but it would take care of the cropping, resolution & magnification probs.

as far as the app for anything else, it sucks.

• Options
    surfyfunsurfyfun Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited April 14, 2021 6:50PM

Do you have a large area scan that you're uploading to eBay and then cropping to just the card you're selling? Like I usually scan 6 raw cards at a time at the 400dpi setting. If I crop them to individual images on my computer first, then they will look great and magnify when I upload them. If I upload the whole 6 card scan to eBay and try to crop down to the one card I'm selling in that listing, it looks terrible and won't zoom. Like this is my original scan:

And here is my listing....the first pic in my listing was cropped on my computer and then uploaded and the last pic was uploaded as the full 6-card scan and cropped with ebay's cropping tool...won't magnify and lost all its resolution.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Philadelphia-Football-56-Dallas-Cowboys-Play-Tom-Landry-Very-Nice-Card/254939822785

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:

@surfyfun said:

Now I'm seeing the Problem, is related to another, which I have had for 10-12 years with E-Bay. I have to scan and crop cards so there is like 2" on all sides of the card or E-Bay says its not 500 X 500 Pixels and won't post the Scan. So I think that Both problems are 100% related. So I have all this White (Scanner Top) around the Cards for nothing in my listings

So how do you get around E-Bay and their 500 X 500 BS?

Thanks

Neil

Try increasing/decreasing the resolution on your scanner settings.

Mine is set for 400 dpi and I don't have any problems.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@thedutymon11 said:

@surfyfun said:

Thanks

Neil

Try increasing/decreasing the resolution on your scanner settings.

Mine is set for 400 dpi and I don't have any problems.

This^^^^ I'll have to play around with it!

Thanks Joe

YeeHaw!

neil

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Agree with all of the advice given here. Personally, if I scan 2 or 3 graded cards, then add the photo to my listing, then crop it to one card, I have zero issues. As soon as I go to 4 or more cards, I have the same issue that Neil is having. I have not tried surfyfun's suggestion (cropping the scan first and then uploading to ebay), but I may try this as well.